• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Qualia and SSRI interactions

Mycophile

Bluelighter
Ok, first of all, has anyone on this site heard of this herbal concoction sold by a certain neuro-site called "Qualia"??

It's basically just a big combo of vitamins and supplements sold at what is probably way more than it's worth by a site that claims that it is better for helping a person reach their potential than anything else out there.

It's part of a whole scene that I am new to called "neurohacking" which seems to be about more than just drugs but also machines and brain technology which really fascinates me (I have a Photosonix Novapro which I really like that is a machine with goggles and headphones and many settings where the lights from the goggles are synchronized with binaural beats to produce altered states and it goes REALLY well with drugs....several years back a guy wrote a book called "Into the Void" about combing that and multiple other brain devices with drugs like Ketamine, LSD, shrooms, salvia etc"...

Anyway, the point is, I just got a small sample of this supplement which includes the following:

Vitamin B12
Artichoke Leaf Extract
Rhodiola Rhosea Root Extract
DL Phenylaline
Centrophenoxine
N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine
Pure energy (90mg caffeine)
L-Theanine
Noopept
DHEA
Coleus Forshkholli
BioPQQ (Pyrroloquinaline Quinane

Whatever the effects of this are are claimed to be some great synergy of all these things and some people who have taken it say it is really incredible and gives them all this great energy and makes them feel like the guy in Limitless.

Obviously the guy who makes it is trying to make a buck or two, but whether it's scam or not who knows.

So I only have a little and I want to try it, but it says on the bottle "Warning: Do not take if you're under 18 years old, take an MAO inhibitor or SSRI"

Well, I take 40mgs of Lexapro daily which is an SSRI, but I REALLY want to try this stuff so I am trying to figure out if anyone more knowledgable than me might know which of these ingredients might interact negatively with my SSRI and if so, whether or not it's TRULY dangerous to take it while on my Lexapro, or if I'd more likely than not be ok.

Some like B12, Artichoke, L-Theanine and Rhodiola I know are fine.

I am thinking that perhaps it might be the DL Phenylaline, Centrophenoxine or Pyrroloquinaline Quinane which it might interact with, but I know nothing about any of those things.

The directions are to take 3 capsules before eating anything in the morning and I only have 15 capsules.

So I was thinking that IF I want to risk it i might start by taking one capsule one day before eating, then if that's fine the next day 2, and then finally if that's fine the next day 3.

I'm guessing more likely than not I'd feel sick on 1 or 2 before something bad would happen on 3, letting me know not to keep taking it.

I am just wondering if anyone knows which of these things it might interact with, or if they have ever taken Qualia before or know anything about it.

Thanks