• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Purple injury after injection is it dangerous?

Lgd44

Greenlighter

I've never seen this appear from injecting before, is it simply a burst blood vessel and some blood pooling? Or is it more dangerous and i should get some medical help? It's been there for 2-3 days now

No one on this forum is qualified to give medical advice based on a photograph. You are in your body, not us.

I think it is interesting that it looks white-ish in the middle, with a red border, which would indicate an infection of some sort.

Are you having any other symptoms? I would absolutely go to urgent care, and just be 100% honest if it doesn't get better soon.

Looks painful, sending healing energy. Keep us updated and welcome to BL!

No one on this forum is qualified to give medical advice based on a photograph. You are in your body, not us.

I think it is interesting that it looks white-ish in the middle, with a red border, which would indicate an infection of some sort.

Are you having any other symptoms? I would absolutely go to urgent care, and just be 100% honest if it doesn't get better soon.

Looks painful, sending healing energy. Keep us updated and welcome to BL!
Yeah it does look like some kind of infection is forming, no other symptoms. I wasn't searching for a diagnosis more so just to see if others had experienced something similar before. Thanks for your energy! I'll go and try get it looked at today, living in a foreign country without insurance won't make it easy but hopefully I can find some free services here.

Is it warm to the touch? It looks like a reaction to whatever you’ve injected to me but again, I’m no expert. I did spend nearly 5 years injecting heroin and cocaine but never had anything like this. At a guess I’d say what you’ve injected has spread under the skin and caused a reaction where it lies.

However, DEFINITELY go to a medical professional. Full stop.

Definitely looks like a 'miss', or more likely youve gone through the vein and injected into the tissue below, causing bruising and swelling with some minor infection going on.

I've had much worse than this and survived, but if it isn't improving after three days, then medical advice may be required.

Last edited:
A miss or one of those gnarly new cuts going around everywhere or both. Keep us updated!

I've never IVed but still want to help!