• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Purity!

"The one"

Greenlighter
I was wandering if you can get purity testing kits for mdma? Any info would be appreciated, cheers!

If you are in the EU, there are several harm reduction organizations that test psychoactive substance. CheckIt in Austria, Energy Control in Spain, DIMS in the Netherldans. You can find info those organizations in a EMCDDA publication. I don't have the linky handy but I can help, if you attempts will be unsuccessful.

As for US, DEA has complicated things. You can get ratios of active substance but that data is close to useless since no quantities can be given. Read more at http://www.ecstasydata.org/about_data.php

In the US EDATA won't give you purity. You'd need to find a gas chromatographer / mass spectrometer.

Nobody said EcstasyData will give you purity. It's linked because they explain the regulations.

Even you get access to a GC/MS machine you still need standards which I believe (in case of MDMA) require a schedule 1 licence in the US.

Nobody said EcstasyData will give you purity. It's linked because they explain the regulations.

Even you get access to a GC/MS machine you still need standards which I believe (in case of MDMA) require a schedule 1 licence in the US.

Why would you need a standard? With access to a mass spectra library such as NIST, or just any publication showing the mass spectra, you can easily tell appart MDMA from other related substances and adulterants.

As for the OP.. By purity do you mean % or you mean if its mixed with something else? In the second case, TLC is enough, in the first case, TLC coupled with photospectrometer (Both quite cheap) can tell you with a decent accuracy how pure your substance is. If you want to detect even trace substances, then GC-MS or LC-MS will be necessary, but for most purposes, TLC is just fine.

No... unfortunately, only the police and certain labs can do a purity test (toxicology). All a reagent test can tell you is whether or not your drugs contain MDMA... can't tell you what other adulterants or contaminants might be in it.