View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Purifying my shitty Ketamine

EphemeralOutlet141

Bluelight Crew
Okay so I have about 1.5gs of Ket, I'd say maybe a third of that is salt. I researched a few different ways of un-cutting it, but I've seen some conflicting statements.

I have a bottle of regular store bought iso alcohol, I don't exactly know what percent it is as I'm not home to check. If I wash, strain, and evaporate it will I lose any? Anyone have any better tips or methods I can do with regular household items?

If it's sodium chloride then you won't lose any ketamine with that method.

well this is just (educated) guessing, but if it's cut with NaCl, then it will be hard to easily purify it, because the Ketamine will also be in salt form, which means that both will dissolve in polar solvents (water, alcohols,...). maybe something less polar like an ether or ketone (eg acetone)?

maybe freebase the ketamine and then try to extract it with hexan or something similar? but I dont know how well it can be freebased.

Isopropol alcohol, however, is nowhere near as polar as methanol or ethanol, if my Chemistry knowledge serves correct.

The problem is purification techniques will not be 100% efficient so you will lose some in the final product.

Lets say its 75% K and you lose 10% (a very small amount but a lot considering the starting material) you will end up with 35% less powder. Sounds great except you may lose a bit more reclaiming it as some gets stuck and lost.

Not trying to make you not do it but I just don't think and purification techniques are worth t for less then say 3.5g just because if you lose 50% of the product then you don't lose all of it.

Yeah A/B extraction is usually a good initial gut-reaction, but especially if you want to yield the freebase as with DMT. Smoking K, even as the freebase, seems to be widely recommended against AFAIK. I think some have vaped it or nebulized it successfully but those are a very different process.
If you would want to return the freebase to the salt you would really have to titrate an acid very carefully since all excess will end up in your watery phase. And neutralizing that again would yield salts (!!), normal table salt being the *best* scenario for consumption probably....

You could extract as the freebase, weigh that and calculate exactly how much acid you need to neutralize it.

None of this is reasonable for 1.5g though IMO.

^ I dunno, when you have the freebase in nonpolar solution, just wash it out with highly diluted HCl, seperate and then evaporate the liquid. excess HCl should evaporate as well. but I agree that this is probably noit worth it for a gram or so.