• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Purifying Carisoprodol from China

vortex000

Greenlighter
Hi all,

I guess this is the old ADD section re-named, been many years since I've visited.

I made a purchase of 100g of carisoprodol from China and it went very well, great quality. I went to order 1kg from them and some GBL and of course got scammed...

Then I found another vendor with such amazing service over e-mail and I was able to pay with credit card, dream come true right? Ordered 1kg because the price was right.

It made it to me no issues, it looks like carisoprodol and it looks like more than 1KG, awesome!

Got a bit of a tolerance going, so after a 1mg and then 20mg test to make sure they didn't send me something highly potent, I went for 2g, my usual dose with my good carisoprodol from earlier...No effects at all except a sore stomach. The next day I tried again because Carisoprodol can be hit and miss, though usually not NO effects, usually I just sometimes get very diminished effects/very slow gradual onset. Again, no effects, just a bit of a stomach ache.

So now I'm convinced this is either a totally bunk product with no carisoprodol whatsoever, or very impure, maybe in the range of 20% max I'd say. It sticks to my knife a lot more than my good sample when I put it in and swirl it around, good sample I can tap it off, new stuff will have a layer all over the knife until I wipe it off.

I read that a lot of carisoprodol is cut with chalk... So I did a test where I put about 700mg in maybe 500ml of 10% vinegar/acetic acid... It didn't bubble...

I then remember my teenager days of extracting DXM via acid-base and thought maybe worth a try with no idea if Carisoprodol and its cuts could replicate DXM cough syrup, but hey, worth a shot... Grabbed some Naptha and Ammonia. Came home and decided to put a small amount first into the ammonia to see what happens... All of it dissolved... Which obviously I wasn't hoping for, was hoping for some powder to just not dissolve.

First off, does anyone have any idea what I may have been sent? I know, almost certainly not, but maybe there's some knowledge out there of what Chinese sellers are cutting carisoprodol with other than chalk...?

Second off... Does anyone think there's any possibility of an extraction here, or am I stuck with 1kg of inactive/very low quality product and should just toss it, because who knows what the hell may be in this...

One last note, when I ordered, obviously they can't put carisoprodol on there, so the fake order/payment was for a SARM... I followed up with the sales rep just to confirm that hey, you're sending me carisoprodol this is just for legal reasons right? And she confirmed that's the case... Maybe a mix up though?

I don't expect much help, but I figure maybe it is worth a shot and someone has some idea of a test I can do outside of expensive GC/MS or H-NMR testing.... On that note, if someone knows a company that will test this product for me in Canada at good prices, I'm interested in that as well.

Thank you!!!

Oh, one last thing... My other thought is that the chemist fucked up the synthesis, maybe missed the last step or something in between got messed up.... Would anyone foresee something really nasty resulting from such a mishap? I feel fine, the stomach aches subsided rather quickly and nothing to report health wise, actually feeling really good the last few days (SARMs???? lol). But I do want some idea of if this could be something really nasty here? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Given the whopping dosages of this mystery compound you are taking without knowing what it is, and only that it isn't (relatively pure) carisoprodol, I would suggest not eating any more of it regardless of how you've processed it unless you get a proper MS analysis of its composition.

PS: please do not state where you bought the material.

Absolutely I am not considering ingesting any more until I know what it is, or have found some fool-proof purification method which probably doesn't exist.

I figured "China" is vague enough for sourcing. Certainly won't say the website that I found the vendors I use or the specific vendors or anything like that. Basically all RCs/pharma ingredients that are sold to anyone who asks come from China, so figure I'm safe there regarding that. Its like someone in NYC saying they copped heroin in the Bronx, except even more vague than that. Unless you're just warning me for if someone asks for a more specific source, in which case thanks for the reminder, I know that's a no-go. Actually I see that my follow up post is removed... Maybe I let it slip, sorry if so, a bit intoxicated this afternoon. :) Can't even remember what the follow up post added, LOL, just that it existed. I may have mentioned a site, can't remember, but yes that is too specific, but if someone searches carisoprodol there they'll get nothing, and they'd need to know the exact biotech company and SARM listing to end up with, well... Really crappy carisoprodol. So hopefully we're cool! You need to first make contact with these vendors through another site which will remain nameless for sure!

Last edited:
Chances are you got scammed

Never deal with chinese rc sellers w/o a means of independent validation

Oh definitely scammed to some extent or another.

I'm willing to take some losses here since pricing is so compelling though, that's why I keep trying and will try another new one. I had a lot of luck with my first buy, unfortunately they exit scammed me on my second buy which honestly wasn't even for that much more money, so it is perplexing how these Chinese vendors work and when and who they choose to scam. I'm just looking for that needle in a haystack of good product and cheap and isn't gonna scam me (I'll never pay more than $300 USD to any Chinese seller in one go though, fortunately carisoprodol is very under-valued IMO on these sites and buy drug users everywhere).

Anyways, this isn't really the point of this thread. We know the product is very low % purity or totally inactive. I consumed 4g of unknown substance and I am trying to find out what exactly it was, and if there's any carisoprodol in there and at what purity... What's better for such a task, GC/MS, or H-NMR, or something else I'm unfamiliar with? And does anyone know of a lab that would ID unknown substances in Canada at relatively low prices (I'm willing to spend some $$$ here, money isn't an issue for me really, not thousands, but hundreds for sure).

Send it by mail to Energy Control in Spain to get a proper GC/MS and know what you have. If i remember correctly, they charge 50€ for international samples.

There is a vendor in Canada that does NMR testing and I've used them with good results.
There is also stock of Carisoprodol from them. I'd trust it far more than directly from China.

China also has Phenprobamate and Clomethiazole for very cheap and I believe it is real.

I've got a synth of Emylcamate going right now, hopefully it turns out well. It is better than Cariso imo and I've tried both. It is my favorite GABAergic actually because it has virtually no hypnotic effects, but with a strong sedation.

You failed to mention the taste. Does it have the normal bitter taste of Cariso?

Last edited: