• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Purify tar? Need help desperately

All alkaloid drugs will have a similar spectrum of salt vs freebase. For examples,
ketamine pKa=7.5
methamphetamine pKa = 10.1
amphetamine pKa = 9.9
LSD pKa = 7.80
Oxycodone pKa=8.5
fentanyl pKa=9

That would explain why some people report differences in water-solubility?
Maybe, but remember that BTH is not pure alkaloid, it's quite possible it contains insoluble material from the opium used to make it.

I just read the article and the one you posted and both mentioned ethyl ether? am I reading something different? towards the bottom of the third paragraph if u include the bold first paragraph. oh and muriatic acid and hydrochloric are the same I guess the author said.

Ah, I completely missed the ether. You were right.

last questions. if all that was done was dissolved tar in water then added bicarbonate to water till it hit 10 pH would that make it basically better for smoking since it would be 99% base rather than like 50% base 50% salt?

Sekio when u said naptha did u mean naphtha? like the solvent? the kind for cleaning paint stuff u can buy at Wally world. klean strip 100% VM&P varnish makers and painters naphtha?

Yes, that's what I mean.

It's probably worthwhile testing it on a small experimental scale though, I can't say for 100% sure it will work the same.

I'm always confused when I hear people say this. BTH is a free base form of heroin, that's why it can be smoked and doesn't (shouldn't) be efficient for insufflation. If it's water-soluble, and if it's slightly acidic, it's not a base anymore for smoking. Is something happening where the cuts are acidic and allowing the conversion from a base to a salt?

Actually contrary to a lot of peoples beliefs BTH is often the acetate salt of heroin.

My guess is that it smokes well because of all the tarry impurities which may protect and allow for better vaporization. This is theorized to possibly be the reason impure waxy DMT can be stronger than pure DMT as well.

BTH is either crude straw extract or opium which has been acetylated as is.. Often with acetic anhydride but sometimes with Glacial Acetic Acid. The tarryness isn’t a product of which acetylation agent is used like some others believe too.

I’d also like to mention in regards to Op, lots of dope has synth cannabinoids these Covid days.

-GC

So BTH is really diacetylmorphine acetate? I've never connected the dots, why is it so widely believed it's the base? The BTH I've ever run into always needed citric acid to dissolve, would that somehow have something to do with the impurities or was mine actually free base?

Or are there some more nuances here I'm not grasping, yet?

So BTH is really diacetylmorphine acetate? I've never connected the dots, why is it so widely believed it's the base? The BTH I've ever run into always needed citric acid to dissolve, would that somehow have something to do with the impurities or was mine actually free base?

Or are there some more nuances here I'm not grasping, yet?

It’s possible what you were getting was indeed freebase, I know Mexican BTH doesn’t often make it around our area, but ya most all BTH in the west/south is the acetate salt and fully soluble in water.

It could’ve been related to impurities too?.. Hard to know. Did the tar stink of vinegar/acetic acid?

I’ve gotten a brown tarry dope only a few times in the Midwest, it wasn’t BTH though but acted like freebase (I was sniffing at the time, definitely dope but seemed rather insoluble in the nose), maybe we are talking about the same thing using different names?

-GC

This was black tarry rocks, extremely sticky, impossible to sniff (I tried). It came around, only time I've ever seen it, in January 2017. I was furious at first when I got it, but it turned out to be my favorite heroin I've ever had. I got it from 3 different people all within about a week, so there must have been a decent sized batch that came around, and then it disappeared and I never saw it again. Wouldn't dissolve into water for shooting, but citric acid and 3 heat and filtrations made these absolutely beautiful amber color liquid that I'll never forget.

As far as smell, gosh, this was over 3 years ago now. I have pretty vivid, fond memories of it. I do not recall a vinegar smell, or honestly, much of a smell of anything.

A little interesting add-on, I was getting a sample when the pandemic lock down first started happening earlier this year for hard and the guy gave me a sample of... guess what... BTH. I hadn't dond opioids in years at that point, but damn was I tempted. In an odd twist of luck, or fate I suppose, the rock got stuck to my finger, fell between the car seat and center console, and I still to this day have never found it. I'm sure you know what a car looks like shortly after winter around here, so imagine trying to find a tiny black rock among all of the other real rocks 😂. I think it was for the best, as I've heard they are putting fentanyl in BTH now, so things probably would not have ended well for me.

Yup for the best indeed haha.

Hmm interesting... Yea that definitely sounds similar but the lack of vinegar smell seems different from most SW Tar. I wonder if it was a batch of freebase brought in.

Next question, what was your dosage of that stuff compared to typical dosage of good quality heroin you’d find elsewhere? SW BTH is usually really impure whereas freebase while looking crude can often be much more pure because there was at least that one step of cleaning (instead of absolutely none lol.)

Also curious what the effect was like that had you really enjoying it?

-GC

I've used over 100 batches of tar, some smell super strong of vinegar and some with little to no smell, and its impossible to tell quality based off smell but most of the best stuff had a light-medium vinegar smell. People think you need to fully dissolve all the solids but the best way to shoot it is to use cold water and aggitation, leaving the most bs behind.