• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

pure mdma burning red

enzo9922

Bluelighter
Okay so I just got a call from my girlfriend, and some wannabe-gangster (her friend) says the only way to tell if mdma is pure is if the mdma and/ or smoke burns red when put under tin foil and then lit with a lighter.
This really pissed me off, as its Clear the only way to test mdma at all is with test kits, or by submitting to ecstasydata.org ... And if there just so happened to be any special trick of the trade, it would have been discovered a long time ago to ensure people would be practicing safe drug partying.
Someone please help me blow this garbage ass myth down the drain quick! Just thinking about it is pissing me off lol.
And even if there was some trick like m burning red, dont you think that clandestine chemists would have figured out a way to make their RCs burn red also to show "how potent that shit is"
This just seems so ridiculous

Well a good way to debunk this myth is that most things burn red because it has the longest wavelength and takes less energy to make a flame burn red as opposed to say blue.
The combustion of most chemicals won't give off enough energy to make it burn any other colour, if at all, many just melt and turn black
As well the amount of energy given off during combustion is no way indicative of purity

Never heard that one before enzo9922, I think you have it pretty well sussed tho, reagent test kits and ecstasydata.org or possibly some other places in some European countries that test with the correct equipment.

Unless when you burn the MDMA on the foil and it leaves a red stain on the foil is what I think your talking about? I know you can do the burn test with Ketamine as it will leave a red inky stain on the foil (I've done this a few times). Have never tried this with MDMA.

It will not catch fire and burn if you put the lighter under the foil but it will vaporize and I highly doubt MDMA will smoke red.

I'm kind of interested now to try and see what happens to MDMA once you "burn" it on tin foil. Will maybe conduct some tests tomorrow.

OP don't try to help or argue with stupid people, they can't be helped, let this kid keep burning his methylone

I got all pissed off and burned three substances: two different m1 batches, and an mdma batch... All three eventually turned red, but the mdma first melted cleared and then as heat persisted it eventually turned blood red and then black like carbon ash. The methylone turned amber first and then blood red l, but all eventually had the same reaction....
So like holy toast said, multiple substance will change to red, so there is no way to prove mdma is pure by heating it. Period!

Pure MDMA should melt into a clear puddle when lightly heated, then recrystallize similar to the way methamphetamine would when smoked. Almost all drugs in crystal form do this, actually.

If you heat it too much it's just going to burn up and turn into any number of colors which aren't going to tell you anything reliable. If you have a temperature controlled hot plate you can do a melting point test (the melting point for MDMA is ~150 degrees celsius, if it melts/burns above or below that temperature it's not MDMA), but that's not something your average "wannabe" will be able to accomplish

Yea, and a lighter would burn much hotter than that correct?
And I think that is more or less what happened..it was a clear puddle for about a second (keeping the flame on the tin foil), and as it heated more, it turned yellow to amber, orange to brown, and brown to blood red, started bubbling as soon as it melted clear, and it became more and more vigorous until (light yellowish green) smoke fumed up, and it kinda bubbled black... The way other powders would burn off and then leave a black carbon ash behind after being fully burned. Maybe this is it re-crystallizing, just before it is burned to bits lol? I'm interest in what you said folley, never knew things could melt and re-form crystal, I would like to see this is action.

Reading on these forums continually gains my interest in science and chemistry. It is cool to learn about things of interest, rather than just what they teach you in high school. I hope one day it sparks enough momentum for me to go back to school and make a solid career out of it.

The temperature of a bic lighter is about 1900 degrees celsius, so yeah it's a little bit hotter lol.