• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Pure liquid nicotine: 100 mg / day

The.Ghost

Bluelighter
I've been taking pure freebase liquid nicotine buccally (inside the cheek) for ~ 2 years now and want to share my experiences.

Let me start from the beginning.

About 2.5 years ago I got my dumb ass addicted to cigarettes. Being a chemist, I wondered if I could extract the nicotine itself from tobacco and cut out the smoking part. I eventually did this by following the instructions on another forum, although this was a total alkaloid extraction, so the nicotine wasn't so pure.

I then set out to find a suitable ROA. I tried intranasal (there is a pharmaceutical spray formulation of this type), but that stung like a bitch, even at tiny doses. Long story short, I ended up taking the stuff buccally. It still stung, but not as bad.

The effects were astounding. Instead of having to wait until you finish a cigarette to get a milligram of nicotine, you could put a tiny drop of liquid on the tip of your finger, rub it inside your cheek, and get a strong rush in < 10 seconds. Within about 3 days of first trying it bucally, I quit my 5 month smoking streak entirely and used the straight stuff from then on out.

I knew that tobacco contained lots of other alkaloid crap (especially the carcinogenic tobacco-specific nitrosamines) and the raw stuff was burning a hole in my wallet, so I sought another source. I ended up figuring out how to extract it from e-liquid (that liquid that e-cigs vape). I switched from my tobacco-derived crap to the purer e-liquid stuff without problem. At that point, I was satisfied with just nicotine, without the other alkaloids in tobacco.

My dose slowly increased. I have always used a micro-dropper with a thin plastic barrel, so I always knew about how much I was taking (1 mg ~ 2 mm). I went from maybe a milligram at a time a couple of times a day to 2 mg every few hours, and have now leveled off at 7 - 8 mg every hour or so, totaling ~ 100 mg of nicotine a day.

At this point, a standard dose does nothing aside from satisfying the cravings. I think I've just worn those receptors in my brain out. I can easily take 10 mg at once (yes, that's equivalent to half a pack hitting over the course of a few seconds) without feeling anything. Above that and I just get diarrhea / nausea.

I likely have the highest nicotine tolerance of any human being who has ever lived, but I'm okay with that.

Well, I think I'm done rambling. Just wanted to share my unusual story.

edit: Forgot to add, that's roughly twice the LD50 per day, in case anyone's curious.

I likely have the highest nicotine tolerance of any human being who has ever lived, but I'm okay with that.

not really. mithridatism is well-known with tobacco products. especially every mechanism of administration except "low dose cigarettes" - cigars and dip tobacco can contain sickening amounts of nicotine.
lucky for you you don't dose that high. 8-10mg of nicotine is availiable in some of the strong nicotine gum.

I always remembered that a dose of 50-100mg of nicotine in one go will sicken most people and kill lightweights (children, the elderly, those predisposed to sickness from nicotine). Tobacco juice used to be used as an insecticide.

Your body should be studied for science, I bet there is some considerable damage being done at those concentrations.

A few comments/questions,

- You were not addicted for very long before you "quit" smoking, rather, switched routes of administration to what's believed to be a less harmful (and more HR) ROA. It's great that you became aware of the health risks associated with smoking cigarettes so early on.

- Have you noticed any changes in your buccal area since you started doing this? Any changes in taste?

- Considering that you have allowed your tolerance to accumulate to the point of barely feeling 10mg nicotine at near instantaneous onset of a dose proven to harm and even kill other human beings regardless of the status of their health, Do you think it's really going to be safer for you to use pure nicotine the way your doing it now?

Do you think this will help you evade health consequences in the short or long term?

Last edited:
Straight e-liquid doesn't absorb nearly as fast. The strongest I've come across is 10%, and most of it is dissolved in glycerol / propylene glycol, which really don't want to let go of that molecule.

My buccal area is doing allright. The sting has decreased by an order of magnitude since I started, which I'm guessing means that the caustic alkaline alkaloid has been burning off nerve endings. White sheets of dead cheek material fall off constantly, but these are the least of my concerns. Bleeding is very, very rare.

My taste buds seem to be in tact. After the bulk of the liquid is done absorbing, I spit the nasty saliva out (like with dipping, I believe), so little comes into contact with the tasting area of my tongue.

I'm not so sure of the health consequences. My lungs are much better, my cheeks a bit worse, but I'm not really sure what else to be worried about. I exercise and have a good cardiovascular system in general.

One thing I maybe should have mentioned above: I'm bipolar and I believe that nicotine has a sort of backwards effect on us. The stuff was a sedative at first, then gradually became neutral. I don't know how that plays into it all.

Do you have any noticeable or abnormal withdrawals from such high doses? I mean compared to "normal" cigarette/nicotine-withdrawals, which at least for me only consist of craving an mood swings or nervousness. But i don't smoke much (about 8 small rolled ones per day) and i'd like to know if the withdrawals from high-dose nicotine are any different.

I just think that with nicotine being like, the most addictive drug out there, using it in it's pure form is going to lead to issues with regulation or your health, both physically and psychologically.

well I can't imagine it's a great deal faster and your cheeks would be much happier to absorb the e-liquid, I haven't tried this of course and you seem happy with your method...
Nicotine seems to be quite sedating at high doses and more stimulating and lower doses - it could be that as you became tolerant the effects shifted as such

Try it. It was a sedative at first (1/2 cig would knock me on my ass), never a stim.

Do you have any noticeable or abnormal withdrawals from such high doses? I mean compared to "normal" cigarette/nicotine-withdrawals, which at least for me only consist of craving an mood swings or nervousness. But i don't smoke much (about 8 small rolled ones per day) and i'd like to know if the withdrawals from high-dose nicotine are any different.

I went from 3 cigs / day --> tobacco alkaloids --> straight nicotine. No room for withdrawls

that's really interesting to me. I remember my first encounters with tobacco. My friends would throw some in a bong with cannabis and have me smoke it without knowing it. I'd get a massive head rush, intense euphoria and an insane buzz. Too bad it doesn't stay like that forever.

I imagine the rush is what got you to where you are now. I'd gladly switch to your method if i knew it were healthier, i hate having to smoke a cigarette sometimes.

There was some kind of rush in the beginning, but the jury's still out on the health effects.

So is nicotine harmful in any way then folks?

This is intriguing...FYI I went from 20 filterless roll ups to 40mg of just nicotine daily via inhalers and patches a week ago.

I also take around 100mgs pure nicotine a day, although i'm trying to quit with patches but we'll see. I haven't noticed any problems besides the cost. I never take more than 12mgs at time, but I definitely feel the nicotine at that dose.

iirc nicotine itself still causes cancer. Maybe the high dose of nicotine is because it is just pure nicotine and 100mg of nicotine/day is really only comparable in effects to that of a pack a day smoker? I'm kind of interested in the rush i could get off of say 10mg buccally now lol. The only time i get a rush smoking tobacco is in a bong or if i smoke that really insanely strong stuff from the middle east cant' remember what it's even called. It gives u an insane head rush even if you are a smoker.

just found the name, Dokha http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dokha one of my work colleagues let me take a huge hit of it and i was getting the spins immediately afterwards. i may just order a bottle of this stuff instead.

You are killing your cardiovascular system man O_O

Seriously, nicotine has an effect on heartbeat and strong vasoconstrictive effects, including coronary. Nicotine is a harmful drug even in its pure form. Know how a pack says smoking may cause cancer or cardiovascular illness? Much of that cardiovascular illness comes from direct nicotine effects over time. I wouldnt be surprised if Nicotine is cardiotoxic.

Its like saying you use a gram of coke a day. Feels good I'm sure, but there's going to be side effects.

10mg buccally, thats like a pack of light cigs in one go.

96mg is the highest daily dose according to nicotine gum infoletter. The BA is around 85%, so 100mg a day really is not that much since it is (almost) within therapeutical dose range.

Sorry to bump an ancient thread, but I could use some help here. I've decided to either quit and kick this monkey off my back completely or at least cut way down. My 10 mg dosing 10x a day is just not sustainable. At this point, it gets me a little tired and gives me a bit of relief (interdose WD), but that's it. There is absolutely no positive effect here. It's just my brain reminding me that it's time for a re-dose every hour or so without a reason. I don't feel good, I just feel satiated. Enough. I want to stop killing myself and I might have the willpower to go through it. Can anyone give me some idea of the WD I'm looking at or some way to mitigate it? Sertraline is out, I'm modestly stocked up benzos, not much else.

I think tapering would be the best approach here. If you've been doing this buccally for several years, you probably have a fixation with the act of rubbing the solution on your cheek, much in the same way that many smokers have an oral fixation. As you may know, a lot of people use vaping to quit smoking. Many gradually reduce the nicotine concentration until they are down to 0 mg/mL, but continue to vape - replacing the nicotine addiction with just the associated act of smoking. Although I have smoked and vaped in the past, I don't personally experience any nicotine addiction. I guess I'm lucky in that way.
I'd recommend dropping the concentration of the liquid you use in 10% steps and try to resist increasing the frequency of your re-dosing. You could also try some kind of reinforcement technique, like making a deal with yourself that you'll do 5 pushups before every time you re-dose. Your body will get tired and as your muscles wear down, they may send signals to your brain that the nicotine relief isn't always worth the effort. Best of luck, and post back how it goes.

Your body should be studied for science, I bet there is some considerable damage being done at those concentrations.

A few comments/questions,

- You were not addicted for very long before you "quit" smoking, rather, switched routes of administration to what's believed to be a less harmful (and more HR) ROA. It's great that you became aware of the health risks associated with smoking cigarettes so early on.

- Have you noticed any changes in your buccal area since you started doing this? Any changes in taste?

- Considering that you have allowed your tolerance to accumulate to the point of barely feeling 10mg nicotine at near instantaneous onset of a dose proven to harm and even kill other human beings regardless of the status of their health, Do you think it's really going to be safer for you to use pure nicotine the way your doing it now?

Do you think this will help you evade health consequences in the short or long term?

lol you dick-but well said