• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pulled all nighter on adderall, feel fine but face is super red???

morphine-dreams

Bluelighter
So I had a ton of things to do last night and today so I used adderall to pull an all nighter (something I never do). Normally I take 20mg ir or 30mg xr with a tums and it's a slightly strong but very effective dose for me (I have severe ADHD but it's been getting a lot better-dopamine upregulation? I used to take 40-60mg doses regularly throughout the day or even at once with no problem, only difference was I didn't use tums). Anyway I initially took 30mg xr with 10mg ir and then I redosed with another 20mg ir a few hours later, idk exactly how long but about 60mg total plus tums over around 6 hours and that's not even the highest dose I've taken, though the highest was like 70-80mg and I didn't potentiates with tums. So here's the weird part, I feel totally fine, like I'm on a lot of adderall, but otherwise great, heart is a little faster but totally fine, etc. but my face is RED. it looks like I've been running in hot weather for an hour, the rest of my body is only a little red. My face doesn't usually get red like this, it's only happened in the past because of high heat. I also have multiple allergies including a milk allergy and I accidentally ingest traces of milk all the time (and consumed it up until a month ago not knowing I was allergic) but I've never reacted like this to anything I'm allergic to. The only thing I can think of is that it's pretty hot where I live and my AC isn't really strong enough, so heat+lots of adderall? Should I be worried? It doesn't feel too hot or anything and not at all itchy (another reason why I don't think it's an allergy) but it looks bad, it would concern most people I think. I feel completely fine though and not even nauseous or anything, I didn't even notice until I looked in a mirror. It's slowly getting a little better and I actually just moved to a room without AC, what the hell?

PS I don't know if it would make a difference but I've been pretty sleep deprived lately, not like missing full nights but just not getting enough hours, which always messes with my body in odd ways. It's just weird because I've used stimulants many, many times, including crack, and this has never happened before.

Edit: I was kind of looking down at my phone/tablet for hours, did all the blood just rush to my face? Lol I feel dumb now.

Anyone got any ideas? It's gotten a little better but hasn't gone away and I need to go out soon, plus makeup won't really cover it.

is your pulse racing? are you boiling hot/pissing sweat? any seizures or fits?
if no, then its just your body letting you know that its getting worn out, take an antihistamine, drink lots of water and get an early night tonight

Nope, I feel completely normal, like I'm on my regular dose (no unusual side effects at all). My pupils aren't even that big and I think I'm coming down now anyway. I didn't think of it earlier, but I used a new skin treatment on my face last night that was kind of harsh, I think it's just sensitive skin combined with regular flushing. The rest of my body is a tiny bit flushed but nothing concerning and my heart is totally fine. I think you're right and it's just a fluke, I normally take adderall in the morning and drink a ton, this time I did neither of those things, and also I was hunched over all night so I think all the blood rushed to my face. It's slowly getting much better though, looks close to normal after I drank some water. It just looked scary, that was it. Thanks for your response!

Actually, my skin is kind of red wherever the most heat is. Like on the underside of my arms (where they rest against my shirt) are mottled and red. It looks like it might be heat rash. Would amphetamines contribute directly to that or am I probably just dehydrated?

staying hydrated is the number one rule when taking addy or any other stimulants
don't go overboard with the water but do increase your intake IME i would drink half a gallon a water spread out throughout the day while on addy
def helped with a lot of issues i was having

far as your face flushing it could an allergy to something in the adderall assume you get generic?
but you mention you have a milk allergy, from personal EXP if you have food allergies you have a higher chance to be allergic to other foods without knowing
have you taken or changed anything diff post adderall use?
assume its only been happening while on adderall?
have you checked your BP?

niacin can cause face flushing if you're taking multivitamins by chance

Yup, generics, and I have several allergies-milk, latex, bananas, mold, and pollen, but none cause flushing like that and plus I had no other allergy symptoms. Hydration was probably a factor though, I kind of just forgot lol, probably because it was the middle of the night. Nothing about my adderall use has changed, I've actually been lowering my doses because I haven't needed as much. I can actually feel the effects of dopamine upregulation, my symptoms have improved so much even off meds. And nothing weird at all was going on with my heart as far as I could tell, though I didn't check my BP. It's naturally low though, never really been an issue. Physically, I could hardly even tell I was on adderall, I could just feel it mentally obviously, but no side effects other than the flushed skin. I think I definitely just reacted to the new face product I used because as soon as I washed my face with soap, it went completely back to normal. I still don't know what was up with my arms though. It looked like heat rash to me, which I guess was possible, but the adderall must've made me more susceptible if that were the case, since it wasn't *that* hot. I definitely don't think it was an overdose or anything like that because the symptoms mainly appeared later on, closer to the comedown I think. And it was also just those two areas, my chest wasn't red at all or my neck or anywhere else, and usually when I have an allergic reaction those areas are the ones that flush most. The only thing it really resembled was heat rash, I am sort of sensitive to heat as it is, but the adderall must've made it worse. Idk, I'm completely fine now. It's weird because adderall usually acts as a vasoconstrictor, and it's always noticeable to me. Usually my face doesn't get red at all on amphetamines, even when it normally would. The only reason the dose even felt too high was because I was too hyper focused, it's already mostly worn off and I'm getting pretty tired. I've taken higher doses before and it was fine, if anything I had less side effects this time, the only thing different about my use and environment was the time and the heat.

Has anyone else here experienced something like this? Do you know what it was?

I have noticed it a few times. I cant say why but imagine heat is the culprit.

Maybe try taking a cool shower and see if it goes away? Your body should divert blood away from your skin to try and keep the vital organs warm when it gets cold. You don't need to use freezing water but cooler. Doesn't need to be uncomfortable.

Worth a shot to see if it goes away and if so, if it comes back later.

I take generics and this happens to me also,I haven't been able to find a cause but I'm almost certain its from the adderall because it doesn't ever happen when i don't take it. I also have been getting very little sleep and i've noticed this happens the worst when I don't get any sleep so I've pretty much just attributed it to a combination of adderall, lack of sleep, sensitive skin, etc. But I've been taking adderall for years and this has just recently started happening so it makes me wonder if it has anything to do with the generics or something else, glad to know its not just me

If you're developing a rash, have hives, or swelling, stop taking the medication and contact your doctor right away. These are signs of an allergic reaction. Symptoms range from mild to severe.

- hs