• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Public Service Announcement for those who took too many of whatever and now feel "off

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Public Service Announcement for those who took too many of whatever and now feel "off

!! if you feel that you are suffering from a medical emergency -- call 911 in the US (whatever the ambulance call is everywhere else) or take yourself to the hospital

******** The Below Public Service Announcement is said in the SPIRIT of LOVE really!! ********************

GUYS

That said -- man up! -- so your perception is a little fucked up right now -- what do you expect --what you did to your brain is like masturbating without lube until you orgasm 15-20 times in 1 night -- of course your dick will be sore, probably won't get hard feels weird ...

but in a few days or weeks the blisters will heal -- it will start getting hard again (by itself sometimes) and pretty soon it will feel just like your old dick -- ready for some fappin'

if you had a cut, would you take the band-aid off every 5 minutes and look at it and complain in your mind about how much the cut hurts, and how it's going to leave a scar?

Fuck no you wouldn't

Treat this like a cut, leave the fucking band-aid alone and focus on something else.

GIRLS / WOMEN / -- GODDESSES

Madam -- so your perception is a little fucked up right now -- what do you expect --what you did to your brain is like masturbating a dry pussy with a dry dildo until you orgasm 15-20 times in 1 night -- of course your pussy will be sore (after all spit only goes so far), probably won't get wet feels weird ...

but in a few days or weeks the blisters will heal -- it will start getting wet again (by itself sometimes) and pretty soon it will feel just like your beautiful pussy -- ready for whatever you like

if you had a cut, would you take the band-aid off every 5 minutes and look at it and complain in your mind about how much the cut hurts, and how it's going to leave a scar?

Fuck no you wouldn't

Treat this like a cut, leave the fucking band-aid alone and focus on something else.

I actually somewhat agree with what you've said for once. Somewhat, not entirely, but yeah I do agree a lot of post-MDMA negative symptoms will be psychosomatic and/or mitigated by simply not focussing on them.

what you did to your brain is like masturbating without lube until you orgasm 15-20 times in 1 night

rofl actually giggled.

I don't think its all psychosomatic? How can you go from normal to not normal perception psychosomatically alone. The second part I agree with. But don't you start thinking something is wrong only after the fact that you start feeling something is off?

But what is the biological cause of feeling off in the first place? Provided only a small amount of whatever has been used

I think the problem is we don't really know what happens so its blamed on psychological factors. But then its so hard to find these factors since you can be a pro at handling stress and then suddenly stress sensitivity is through the roof. So its like what happened?!

Last edited:
I don't think its all psychosomatic? How can you go from normal to not normal perception psychosomatically alone. The second part I agree with. But don't you start thinking something is wrong only after the fact that you start feeling something is off?

But what is the biological cause of feeling off in the first place? Provided only a small amount of whatever has been used

I think the problem is we don't really know what happens so its blamed on psychological factors. But then its so hard to find these factors since you can be a pro at handling stress and then suddenly stress sensitivity is through the roof. So its like what happened?!

OUR PSYCHE EXISTS BECAUSE OF THE BIOLOGICAL BRAIN -- ALL PSYCHOLOGICAL ISSUES HAVE A BIOLOGICAL BASIS - ALL! it may be transient, it may be infinitesimal, or it may be profound.

Never said it was all psycho-somatic -- a cut on your finger surely isn't, even so - psycho-somatism has a biological basis (the psycho-somatic symptoms (blindness, for example) may indeed have no biological basis, however the psycho-somatism itself does)

However, a watched pot never boils, if you pick at a scab it leaves a scar, and mood disorders tend to stay around if you focus on them.

Shugenja +1 for sensitivity lol

Socrilus - I agree that academically the scientists should be examine the root causes of an LTC and issues after MDMA etc. but for now the path forward starts with not thinking and ruminating about the LTC.

For all we know, some people (more rare when it comes to LTC sufferers) could have deep seated biological issues (no brain is perfect) but I think this advice was intended for the people who have a good chance of resolving even spontaneously after 6 months or sooner. But even for the people affected for years, not ruminating about the damage or whatever else is going on is still a really great idea.

We have to focus on what's in our control I guess.

So basically its sort of like alright something could have been thrown off biologically but the body will heal itself by stepping out of the way. That is what I got out of the hilarious analogies.

Though at the same time, knowing what it is could probably speed things up right. If a doctor can treat it medically. It also prevents worsening the condition through your own mind.

If it is indeed HPA axis stuff like I've been reading on some threads and some papers published by researchers isn't this potentially treatable by some docs out there to speed up the process?

If you're determined to find any treatment that might speed up your healing process, talking to a therapist can't hurt.

I think the HPA axis/anxiety/panic attacks are a symptom of a neuronal phenomenon. So you may certainly address some of those issues with propranolol for example but that may not directly address the underlying biological issues, key word directly. I'm sure reduction of stress will speed up recovery plenty.

As far as knowing what it is specifically, it might be too technical for it to really put things at rest for most, might even scare them more and they would start reading and then potato. I mean it could be "parvalbumin positive GABA interneurons in the medial prefrontal cortex downregulated expression of parvalbumin and glutamate decarboxylase and this has led to excessive synchronous activity" etc., which of course if you take that info seriously then GABA enhancing drugs like barbiturates and benzodiazepines are something to try, and they do seem to help people with LTCs, it's just a matter of tolerance and eventual withdrawal and side effects and such.

benzos almost always help with anxiety.

How can you go from normal to not normal perception psychosomatically alone
vividly recall your ultra-intense bad acid trip that made you stop using psychedelics and stare at the wall in the right way. boom, instant skewed vision that lasts for a few minutes. if you forget about it will be gone shortly; if you panic and check every few seconds it will stay with you until you finally forget about it (whenever that is, might be months).
it's very easy actually to put yourself into a state of non-normal perception. the hard thing is not freaking out when it happens.