Public intoxication help

pychoticimagery

Greenlighter
In september i got in trouble at school for being high. I wasnt really high but i have eye allergies so my eyes get red and shit. the officer had me do this count to thirty with my eyes closed test and said i failed. after that she took my blood pressure and it was high because i was nervous.i said i had smoked a joint the other day.
I have the court date coming up next week and need help.basically i want to noe
a)What is the legal amount of time u are considered under the influence after u smoke?
b) is there any chance i can win the case?

That's bullshit. I don't know any facts, but I always thought the only way you could get charged was if you were caught in the act, or if you were holding.

I don't know if there is a legal amount of time that you are considered under the influence. I'm surprised that they would charge you with anything if they actually believed you had only smoked a joint the day prior, so I dunno. What did the officer say when you told him that?

My guess is that you do have a chance of winning if you're telling the complete truth about the situation.

well if they didnt do a drug test how could they prove you were stoned?

. What did the officer say when you told him that?
yea he said that he remember that the whole situation is so fucking lame though. yea im from cali but its not for being high on any certaint drug just intoxication in public. i think i mite just say i did it at my house or something because then thats not public.

well if they didnt do a drug test how could they prove you were stoned?
the test was the count to 30 with my eyes closed and blood test
thatnks for the replies keep em comin

ps is there any way to move it to legal disscussion. i never noticed it before

i think i mite just say i did it at my house or something because then thats not public.

Very bad idea. That might be what the officer tried to get you to do. Then they'll just charge you with that. You might be screwed already because you admitted to the officer that you smoked previously.

Get a lawyer.

sounds like the cop was just trying to meet his monthly quota

dont quote me on this, but i think its not illegal to be under the influence

as long as youre not a public disturbance, damaging property, hurting yourself, or holding - nothing really an officer can do

unfortunately - looking high is considered to be "public disturbance" and "public intoxication"

"Laws and ordinances at the state and local levels, which vary by area, make public intoxication a crime. A person commits the crime of public intoxication if he appears in a public place under the influence of alcohol, narcotics or other drug to the degree that he endangers himself or another person or property, or by boisterous and offensive conduct annoys another person in his vicinity"

Source

i think youre good man, you just had allergies - you just looked high.

as long as you werent acting like a "stereotypical stoner", you're good.

that cop is an asshole and isnt gonna win this case. best of luck

In september i got in trouble at school for being high. I wasnt really high but i have eye allergies so my eyes get red and shit. the officer had me do this count to thirty with my eyes closed test and said i failed. after that she took my blood pressure and it was high because i was nervous.i said i had smoked a joint the other day.
I have the court date coming up next week and need help.basically i want to noe
a)What is the legal amount of time u are considered under the influence after u smoke?
b) is there any chance i can win the case?

DONT EVER ADMIT TO AN AUTHORITY FIGURE YOURE UNDER THE INFLUENCE ( OR EVER HAVE BEEN ) OF ANYTHING.

WHEN U GO TO COURT DONT ADMIT EVER USING DRUGS IN YOUR LIFE TO ANYONE.

Did you take a urinalysis? THEY HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF YOU DID ANYTHING ILLEGAL OTHER THAN THE SELF ADMITTED STATEMENT YOU GAVE TO " The NURSE "

I wouldnt waste the $ on a lawyer. they have no case. Stop smoking pot & clean out your system , because chances are the only leg theyll have to stand on is a dirty urine drop.....

sorry about typing in caps but this is the kinda shit that gets under my skin!!!

Good Luck

You cant be charged for being high. Only for being caught using, being in possesion, cultivation or distribution. If i were you i wouldnt have even admitted to the joint the day before. The only way they would have known was from a drug test anyway. Were they convinced that you were stoned before you told them?

Play stupid and they won't have a case. It isn't legally on record that you said that you had a joint the other day. If you stop smoking pot now, drink a lot of water, work out, and generally take good care of yourself you should be able to pass a drug test by the time they decide they want to give it to you.

Good luck!

DONT EVER ADMIT TO AN AUTHORITY FIGURE YOURE UNDER THE INFLUENCE ( OR EVER HAVE BEEN ) OF ANYTHING.

WHEN U GO TO COURT DONT ADMIT EVER USING DRUGS IN YOUR LIFE TO ANYONE.

This is the absolute truth right here. You NEVER EVER admit to a thing & if a cop ever asks if it's OK to search your vehicle, adamantly refuse.
They'll get pissy & say that they're gonna call the K-9 Unit out. Tell them, "Be my guest!! I'll wait!!" 75% of the time, the cop will blow it off, as he'll think that if you're willing to let the pooch sniff around, you must not be holding.
But never let the bastards intimidate you. I also agree with PuNk about saving your $$$ & forget about lawyering-up. You'll most likely not even need the bastard & the $$$ you save by not hiring a mouth-piece can go towards your fine.

just deny dude.. they dont have a leg to stand on..

sounds so petty.. i dont see how this got to court.... laaame

Sorry a bit off topic but;

Is that guide compatible with Canadian law?

I don't want to look like an idiot next time I run into some pigs, and try to follow the advice. lol