• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

PTSD + Insomnia

Saturnhusker

Greenlighter
I been googling my meds and it always brings up this sight up. So why not join I am not here for pleasure I just want to get my life back. I its bee over 2 yrs since I was able to just lie down and take a nap or go to bed without my head swimming with thoughts. I have been on several meds. Swim has has scrips for ambien 10 zanax .5 & just got 30 mg of temazepam. I just want to sleep swim takes10-20 ambiem and .5-1 mg zanax to sleep. Swims dad whom is almost 70 takes 7..5 so I figure I can handle 30 mg cause swim is half his age. Can swim take 30 mg of temazepam then 10 mg ambien an hr later or at the same time. Swim just wants to sleep. Swim asked pharmacy they about died when I asked about the combo. Swim asked Dr about temazepam he had no abjections but I tried it but ended up taking 60 mg of temaz and 20 mg of ambien. Only had a few he's of sleep. So I don't won't to over dose or die lol So o cone here to seek advice from the experts. When swim was younger I could drink my weight in liquor and smoked enough 420. But then swim grew up and had kids got divorced. Now swim just to sleep again. Thanks for your help in advance.

Welcome to Bluelight. We don't use SWIM we all know it's you, a great rule here at BL. As a long time PTSD sufferer I have always had problems with sleep. You can take the Xanax and Ambien at the same time. I don't know your tolerance so I would say 1 mg of Xanax and 10 mg of Ambien to start. What worked for me was getting on Klonopin as it is less addictive then Xanax I would take a Klonopin about two hours prior to sleep and about 20 minutes before going to bed 10 mg of Ambien.

Is your PTSD military related because the VA will definitely give you what you need if you tell them you can't sleep.

No but is work related I have seen way to much death I worked in Hosp and nursing homes for 25+ yes so I have my fair shake. My last patient whom I watched die was my Grandpa and after that things that I was thinking about at work would make it past my lips lol I started to stand up to the bossy bitchy nurses. It was like something snapped in me. Like that movie me myself and Irene where he snapped at the grocery line. Well that I felt. I starred loosing sleep, my temper was much shorter so i had to leave. So with only nursing for experience no one wants to hire ya except msnufacting plants but my whole body needs to move and not stand there like a robot. Kills my back and may shoulders. Anyway. That's the scoop.

I have ptsd from shitstan(Afghanistan). Zopiclone and 2mg clonzepam helps me. All the best ptsd is horrible. At first I didn't sleep at all. Sat in the dark thinking the taillies were surrounded my house. It is getting better over the years

I think Clonidine is a much better option. It will shut down your adrenaline. It could be combo'd with your current drugs without too much risk of respiratory depression.

I have had PTSD for 20 years (due to physical/sexual abuse). It's improved a lot over time, but I still had extreme anxiety, racing thoughts, and terrible nightmares/night terrors. I was prescribed benzos, but always ended up abusing them, so that wasn't good, and didn't really help in the end. A couple years ago, I was put on propanolol for high blood pressure, and shortly thereafter realized that I hadn't had a bad dream in weeks. I also saw drastic reduction in anxiety. Thought I was just getting better, but then I heard an NPR story about propanolol being used for PTSD in soldiers, and the positive effect doctors were seeing with it. Looked into it some more and found out that docs prescribe it for general anxiety as well. It reduces adrenaline along with BP. And I think it has WAY fewer side effects than any psychotropic meds. Highly highly highly recommend trying it if you have a regular doctor who will listen. It's been a literal miracle for me. I used to hate sleeping because I never knew when I would have a dream so bad I would wake up with my heart beating out of my chest and convinced I was about to die. Or having panic attacks and feeling like I was about to be attacked. It's so wonderful NOT feeling like that.

MDMA stopped my PTSD symptoms completely after my first dose session. Doubt I'd be typing this if I hadn't taken it tbh. Obviously I'm not a doctor and MDMA is an illegal and relatively dangerous substance but it has helped me substantially. There's been studies over the past few years with over an 80% success rate in treating PTSD with it. Of course this would require obtaining and testing MDMA (dark net markets) and knowledge of dosing (this site or erowid). Sounds insane but I wouldn't take the time to type all this if I didn't believe it would help u tremendously. Just my 2c. Whatever drugs you're taking, prescribed or illegal, do your homework, bc imo benzos and sleep aids only mask the symptoms.

My mom has ptsd and ive wanted to order her some clean md, the thing is; is that she has bad back problems and she is generally quite unhealthy shes fragile and her body chemistry is peculiar. Is the body tension clean md causes severe ?

In my experience no but im 20 and healthy as a horse. Like most stimulants it can be hard on the heart but my bestfriend has major heart issues and has rolled with me many times. I would start a thread listing her specific conditions, her current medical state,size etc. and someone more qualified than I can determine that. Do your homework on the dosage and everything and she would most likely be fine but im not a doctor or even in the medical field, just a kid with a passion for drugs lol.

I think Clonidine is a much better option. It will shut down your adrenaline. It could be combo'd with your current drugs without too much risk of respiratory depression.

Even at the lowest dose clonidine gave me massive headaches. Be careful it don't lower your bp to much