PT-141 and methadone or suboxone

jm357357

Greenlighter
Hi, I haven't been posting here on blue light for the past year approximately. I previously posted mostly in other drugs because at the time I was in active addiction (primarily opioids and secondarily benzos and other gabagenic substances); then in the beginning of March I got compartment syndrome which led to having a below the elbow amputation of my right hand and forearm. Since then I have been clean and only have taken psychoactive drugs that are prescribed to me (almost 9 months now); I am on the clinic, go to meetings, counseling, volunteer work, raise my daughter, and am re-enrolling in school this spring. I do take some performance enhancing drugs carefully in low doses; since PT-141 is most often discussed in PED communities I thought this question would be most appropriate here. Also, most PED discussion boards highly frown upon rec. drugs and discussion and information regarding even RX psychopharms would most likely be lacking; I figured BL would be my best source for this question.

Does PT-141 interact with opioids in those that take them regularly and are physically dependant? I take methadone and my wife takes suboxone; I have heard the arousal caused by PT-141 is caused by a mechanism similar to that encountered in opioid withdrawal. I tend to think, other than the few symptoms that would be similar (yawning) causing a psychological reaction, that that would not mean it causes the full spectrum of symptoms. A full list of my meds; even though it is primarily the opioid I want to double check on I figure I might as well just list them all (more info can't hurt):

Methadone (70mgs, recently lowered from 70mgs daily)
Adderall- up to 90mgs daily (30mg IRs, I get 4 a day but never take that many, honestly I average 45mgs)
Gabapentin- 1500 to 1800 mgs daily, 300mgs a dose
Clonidine- 0.3 to 0.5 mgs daily
Sertaline - 50mgs daily
Xarelto- 10mgs daily (discontinuing very soon, was to prevent a clot due to what happened to my arm)
All the medications above are from the same pharmacy and psychopharmacologist other than the methadone, which both are aware of.

Test Enan. 350mgs a week since mid September
Nandrolone Deconate 350mgs a week
Anastrozole 0.5mgs EOD

My blood test results were all good last time I was tested less than a month ago other than cholesterol (total) being low. Blood pressure has been fine. Would be going SC or IM as far as route of administration regarding the PT-141 is concerned. I am about a hair shy of 5'8 and weigh 220 pounds (not LEAN but not like huge stomach either, I wear 36s for pants, would estimate 17-18% BF).

My wife takes suboxone, Gabapentin, Clonidine, and I believe a anti-depressant and also has been sober for about 7.5-8 months.

I am considering 0.75-1mg for a dosage.

Thanks in advance for your time and advice

Sorry for the delayed response!

Scratching the recesses of my memory, I do remember there was some interaction between opioids and melanocortin receptors - where bremelanotide/PT-141 produces agonism - though not the other way round. However bremelanotide mostly agonises at MC1 at lower doses whereas most opioid effects are mediated through MC3-4, so you should be ok.

The other thing off the top of my head that you might want to consider is its effect on the heart and blood pressure, which bremelanotide tends to increase. Given the variety of meds you're on, this could complicate things

So if I was you, I would start off with 250mcg and see how it feels. FWIW I find effects at much lower doses than typically recommended, and at 1mg my skin and freckles begin to darken.

hi, sorry I'm new to blue light and have no idea how to start my own thread lol. I'm prescribed 4mg of suboxone a day and it makes me feel normal. 2mg in the morning 2mg at night. Someone told me that since I've been on subs for 9 months that if i take, lets say 8mg that I won't get high anymore...is this true? or if I decide to take like 8-16mg today would I feel anything? Again, when i take 4mg I just feel normal...Just curious thanks for any insight.
By the way, I have never been on methadone but suboxone has saved my life...