Mental Health Psychosis

IceDancer

Bluelighter
At age 18 i started shooting crystal meth daily. At that time i was staying up 3 or 4 days and sleeping 3 to 5 hours and doing another 3 or 4 days. This lasted until i turned 20. at age 20 i was sent to rehab to clean up. i stayed in detox a week with no problems then i moved into the main rehab. that's when the voices and shadows started until i got high again. im pretty sure im hearing the dead or ive made myself insane. have anyone had theses kind of experences before? if so please try to enplane the experience.

thanks

IceDancer

So you are getting high while in rehab? I'm not sure I understand.

Sorry for the delay, I detoxed for 1 week and still was having delusional thoughts and paranoia. To explane it in the smoothest way, it was like I was high and tripping.

I wasn't using in rehab, I have it a thought and said no because it's a safe place for others. I didn't really want to disrespect that.

Psychosis can last for a while. Sometimes underlying mental disorders are dredged up by use or detox. When I was using it managed my OCD and Panic Disorder....but then in detox I started having a resurgence of insane intrusive thoughts and paranoia. It was no bueno as they say.

To be honest with you, I think I might have a disorder or two. When I'm sober, I'll worry about something small so much it will make me sick.

I want to get checked out by doctors. But first I need to learn how to get insurance.

your first step may be taking a personality test. Answer the questions honestly. Just google personality test. Those based on the dsm V are really good.

Hey, manboychef what's going on? Hope everything is well with you.

I took the online mental illness evaluation test. It said i shouldn't go 100% off my test results until speaking with a professional.
I have 1 disorder it said, bipolar manic depressint. But, it showed i have brief signs of severe depression, anexity, OCD and this other word that looks like schizophrenia, but isn't,

I'm not relaying on the results without a doctor. The bad thing about online tests are, you can show signs of all these disorders, but it could just be one disorder.

That's correct IceDancer, you really shouldn't place much stock in those online tests. You really need a professional to help interpret things.

Icedancer, you should be able to go to any insurance broker (free) and have them help you apply for either Medicaid (if you have a very low to zero income) or a subsidized plan through the Affordable Care Act. I hope that you can do this soon so that you can get in to see not only a doctor but maybe a therapist as well. Dealing with psychosis and/or really volatile mood swings is going to make recovery very difficult so the sooner you get some treatment for that the better.<3

Bbe aware that onr should be clean from drugs for at least 6 months before they can be accurately diagnosed. Until after the post accute withdrawal syndrome. Methamphetamine causes symptoms that imitate those mental disorders, this isn't to say that you dont have them. Im not saying that at all but I am weary of self diagnosis or relying on online tests done during active usage.

I am currently recovering from psychosis that appeared after I quit drugs and I know how confusing it can be. I hope you find resolve and some answers. I know how badly we want definitive answers right away to regain some control but sometimes that isn't possible and we have to learn to exercise patience. It took 8 months to get an accurate diagnosis for me and get on the right medication but now my quality of life is improved dramatically.