Mental Health Psychosis or onset of Schizophrenia. Meth used

Opi_Kid_Rock

Bluelighter
I was admitted 6 months back for hearing voices that arn’t actually there after Meth-use. Used after but haven’t touched in 2 weeks but I constantly hear voices coming from people in other rooms talking bad about me about very private matters. I was prescribed Olanzapine in the past which they said would help. The best way I can try to explain it, is that my mind will create bad scenarios and subject-matter that could possibly be discussed and makes me believe it to be actually occurring.
My question is do you think my symptoms will subside on their own or do you think it’s the start of Schizophrenia like my buddy believes is the early onset of? I’m approaching age 40.

Last edited:
Schizophrenia onset is usually in the range of age 18ish to 25ish, so 40 would be extremely late NOT early onset, of course there are outliers but I feel it's more likely that it's drug related and will hopefully subside with long tern abstinence.

I have a schizophrenic Aunt (related by blood), and have always wondered if it would happen to me. Im 29 and always hear a barely noticeable but noticeable radio frequency/conversation when there is silence. I know sometimes it is because lack of sleep, but it is persistent regardless of my drug use. Hopefully it won't get worse. Ive experimented with alot of drugs in my life, dont know what to think at this point.

I was admitted 6 months back for hearing voices that arn’t actually there after Meth-use. Used after but haven’t touched in 2 weeks but I constantly hear voices coming from people in other rooms talking bad about me about very private matters. I was prescribed Olanzapine in the past which they said would help. The best way I can try to explain it, is that my mind will create bad scenarios and subject-matter that could possibly be discussed and makes me believe it to be actually occurring.
My question is do you think my symptoms will subside on their own or do you think it’s the start of Schizophrenia like my buddy believes is the early onset of? I’m approaching age 40.

Do not use any stim or smoke pot (do you?) or drink alcohol, make sure you sleep enough every night.
You should probably see a doctor, make sure you explain very clearly that you know these voices are not real and that they are a projection of your fears/insecurities.

Do not use any stim or smoke pot (do you?) or drink alcohol, make sure you sleep enough every night.
You should probably see a doctor, make sure you explain very clearly that you know these voices are not real and that they are a projection of your fears/insecurities.

I smoke pot a couple times a year. Smoked weed 3 nights ago; I’ll stop this to see if voices stop. I don’t drink alcohol.

I think the unfortunate percentage to experience psychosis, while at first it might be an "omg" experience. It can be quite daunting and I myself will raise my hand and say I experience it everyday I sleep everynight, don't touch caffeine anymore and don't use near as much as I use to. I think it only occured in the last few months and I have had some abnormal unbelievable events happen. I think there should be more support with " dealing with psychosis". I honestly feel like it's situational for me and certain places trigger it more but I don't actually tell anyone about it. Stress definitely plays a roll in this for me. You aren't alone, love to hear what the doctor says on this one for you. Everyone knows I hate taking script drugs ...🙄 Still have an unopened box of zopiclone 😂

Schizophrenia onset is usually in the range of age 18ish to 25ish, so 40 would be extremely late NOT early onset, of course there are outliers but I feel it's more likely that it's drug related and will hopefully subside with long tern abstinence.
The psychosis only started and was pointed out by family earlier this year. The Psychiatrists 6 months ago had said it could get triggered by meth-use.

If your in true phycosis you wont be able to tell reality from yell let alone write sentances

If your in true phycosis you wont be able to tell reality from yell let alone write sentances

We like to not think we or anyone goes crazy as such. There are events of things I have heard in which I can't explain and I don't want to 😂

You need to give time to your body recovers from the meth... 2 week is not enough for the brain to recover. This can be even a consequence of the fact that you have stopped taking it and now your brain is rewiring (generating paranoia and brain fog).

You have already reached this point, hearing voices is a very advanced point of damage, things are gonna to be worse if your drug use continues in the future.

I was diagnosed with schizophrenaform earlier this year when I was hearing voices that made fun of everything I did or even thought from the time I woke up until I slept. I was using meth heavily and daily. I had experienced some psychosis before and been hospitalized for it but the voices were daily. Everything else about me seemed fine. I was convinced I was being messed with by someone else. After four months of voices that I had started talking back to it just stopped. I I didn't stop meth. My use decreased because my husband got out of jail and I had to share suddenly. Then I was complaining about not getting high because of my antipsychotics. I was on vraylar when the voices began and started on the abilify shot shortly before it stopped. That diagnosis never turned into schizophrenia as my former psychiatrist said I was psychotic for a period and now it is resolved. Off meds now for a month cause I got kicked out of the practice and still no voices. I think you will be okay the more time that goes by.