• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Psychological effects of meth

AbsoluteZero

Bluelighter
Hello, I could not find a Psychology section of the forums so I thought maybe here will be fine to post.

I have a bit of a problem regarding a couple of friends. The scinario is that every time I get on it with these couple of friends I feel as if they are acting on my emotions, for instance they try these inside jokes well more like "put downs" directed souly at me only about things that only me and that other person or a couple of people know about, it seems as if they are trying to make me bite back because I have confronted them on the spot about I but they straight denied doing then continue to do it repeatedly.

This happens every time they are on meth, I'm not sure If it's the drug doing it to them or they are just complete ass holes. Also it's not me being paranoid because this has happened while I have been clean.

I just want to know if anybody has had this experience, as for me it completely ruins the high and having a fun time. Cheers.

Last edited:
I can say with near certainty, that what you described isn't actually happening. That is a classic delusion caused by meth use. It's all in your head man and the more you try to convince yourself that it is real the worse it is going to get. Don't fall for it bruh bruh!

I had a friend that had serious issues with this exact same delusion. He was the type who would believe his delusions no matter how ridiculously impossible they were. Anytime he heard a conversation near him, he KNEW they were talking about him, often in "code". He would always accuse his friends of messing with him and was convinced he was being plotted against. But he never questioned if it was the meth and would continue to use. He would eventually spiral into a full blown psychosis and he just remained there for many months.

I guarantee that your friends arent talking down about you. That isnt logical.

You need to be careful because meth psychosis is no fucking joke! It will sneak up on you and once it has you, you are at the mercy of some truely evil shit. Right now you are flirting with the line.

Take a break man, sleep, eat. Don't use for a while and you will be fine, if you keep going, you will be in psychosis sooner than later.

This comes from personal experience. I will admit that I probably carry a negative bias toward Methamphetamine, but I also know that my eyes are probably not deceiving me.

I have lived in Vermont for a few years now. Methamphetamine was quite rare in all of New England prior to ~5 years ago. I knew or the destructive power of this drug. However, watching people deteriorate over the course of 3 months of use can only be described as grotesque.

Weight loss, paranoia, open sores all over the visible body, extreme mood swings, violence. It is bad. I was a Heroin addict for 10 years and I walked away essentially clean and I am in relatively good health.

People dont tend to walk away from a Metyamphetamine habit unscathed in this way. I am not at all talking down to the users, I'm talking down to the drug. It rapes people body and soul.

Like I said, when you see a friend go down the rabbit hole it is eye opening. A good friend who used to love the outdoors, tripping and rock climbing with me is now sucking dick for Meth and is clearly a fiend by all analyses.

I'm not implying that it is impossible to recover, but statistically, this drug is quite difficult to ever fully recover from.

Could be a mixture of paranoia from you, but also there are actually people that do this shit. Has happened to me a lot cause everyone thinks I’m naive and gullible (which is true). I just told myself it was my paranoia but I guarantee sometimes it was people being dicks. Some people like to speak in double entandrAs or code (cracktalk). Some people just like to play mind games - fuckeits.
I’d confront them anyway and if they do it again fuck them off.