• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelics with the least visual focus?

Goddess Mode

Bluelighter
I often see people asking about which psychedelics have the most visuals, but never really about which have the least visuals (while still being strong). I've had plenty of strong visual experiences, but sometimes I'd like to have something a little different too, maybe something with a stronger focus on mental, sexual, or other sensory effects, or what have you. So far three that I'm really interested in trying just from hearing anecdotes from others alone are MiPT, DiPT, and 4-AcO-DiPT. Is that off base? And what other psychedelics of that kind might be worth trying? All input would be appreciated!

Interesting question! :)

DiPT will get visual if you push it high enough, but at lower doses where there's just auditory distortions there's not much going on visually but it's still got tryptamine-y body vibes and stimulation. (The nature of the auditory distortion is really weird...I remember watching Jon Stewart on it once, and he sounded like a bullfrog but his guest sounded perfectly normal to me, I guess because I didn't know what he sounded like normally)

4-AcO-DiPT is fairly visual for me, and I consider it pretty similar to a lot of the other 4-blah typtamines and would probably have a hard time distinguishing it in a double-blind test.

MiPT I've never come across or heard much about, but 4-AcO-MiPT I've tried a couple times and it had a lot more going on mentally (positive mood, abstract thinking, resolving some life issues I'd been stuck on) than visually (colors a little more saturated maybe, but no melting/flowing edges or fractals or spirals or anything).

Hey zn13bt, thanks for the response! :D

DiPT has always sounded (heh) fascinating to me. I have actually heard that quite often, that the distortion is not equal across all levels.... I'm very interested in experiencing it for myself. I intend to try it at higher doses to see its visual effects too, but I am quite excited to get that full tryptamine vibe without being too distorted in that way! Lately I've started to enjoy much more the way a psychedelic makes me appreciate the external world too instead of always just diving into an internal one....

That's interesting, I had generally heard that 4-AcO-DiPT was sexual and empathogenic without putting too much focus on visuals. Maybe it's just dose or individual sensitivity? Well, I've already got some on hand anyway, so there's one way to find out. =D

I'm pretty pumped to try MiPT for this reason after reading the TiHKAL entry. I have some already, and I'm thinking it will be the next psychedelic I take in general. :) (Depending how some plans this weekend go, but that's the plan....) I'll be sure to write a trip report about it too to increase the available information!

That's interesting about 4-AcO-MiPT.... I thought I had heard about it being highly visual, but upon reflection, I think that was actually just when fairly large doses were taken.... I had heard that it had a good mental factor though, described as sexual like 4-HO-MiPT but maybe a little deeper like LSD. Now I have even more reason to be intrigued by this chemical! ;)

isn't 4-ho-dipt considered to be relatively non-visual but strong as hell (shulgin had a ++++ from 20mg afair)? [also 5-meo-dmt ;) ]

I actually had someone respond to one of my other threads saying that to them 4-HO-DiPT was one of the *most* visual tryptamines, haha. Clearly it's all very subjective.... Some personal experimentation will be required. :) (As if it wouldn't have happened anyway lol.) 4-HO-DiPT is one of the (so far) four psilocin analogues I intend to push up to at least 100 mg doses, so I'm sure I'll get to know it very well. ;)

Honestly, I'm reserving judgment on whether or not 5-MeO-DMT is visual until I've tried it myself, heh.... Just based on my experiences on other psychedelics and what I've heard about 5-MeO-DMT so far, I can't really decide if I think that it's actually non-visual, or the most visual psychedelic of all.

Honestly, I'm reserving judgment on whether or not 5-MeO-DMT is visual until I've tried it myself, heh.... Just based on my experiences on other psychedelics and what I've heard about 5-MeO-DMT so far, I can't really decide if I think that it's actually non-visual, or the most visual psychedelic of all.

5-meo-dmt doesn't cause visual hallucinations and Terence Mckenna also agrees with me ;)

Terence comparing 5-meo-dmt with dmt

I also agree with him that 5-meo-dmt is more about FEELINGS rather than hallucinations.

4-Ho-DiPT is probably the prime candidate here; its known for being really devoid of visuals (some say activity!) but is still pretty psychedelic. Almost the opposite of the intensely visual NBOME's. 5-Meo-DMT is visual but not in the same sense as DMT or virtually any other psychedelic. It seems to be more kind of internal and as if visual data is being interpreted non-visually/non-sensorily. I agree with the above post...

What about bufotenine?

Allylescaline has practically no visuals and is quite fun.
it's definitely not a trip.... it's party stuff.

5-meo-dmt doesn't cause visual hallucinations and Terence Mckenna also agrees with me ;)

Terence comparing 5-meo-dmt with dmt

I also agree with him that 5-meo-dmt is more about FEELINGS rather than hallucinations.
5-Meo-DMT is visual but not in the same sense as DMT or virtually any other psychedelic. It seems to be more kind of internal and as if visual data is being interpreted non-visually/non-sensorily. I agree with the above post...

You guys are actually furthering my thought that 5-MeO-DMT is visual lol.

For the record, Terence McKenna's opinion means little more to me than any other random person off the street. He's just a tripper like anyone else.

Once again, I am reserving all judgement until I've tried it myself. But what you guys said actually is making me lean more towards the "most visual" argument. The way you describe it basically sounds like my high dose LSD experiences but pushed into maximum overdrive, which is basically how I've always pictured 5-MeO-DMT as being in the first place. An infinite light which encompasses everything and causes feelings to me implies that it contains every visual possible stacked into one, which would mesh into pure whiteness, and I've ever heard it described along those lines before. That's the kind of feeling I get from other psychedelics but just slowed down, or less "complete", and in those experiences visuals and feelings are inseparable for me. So yeah, that's actually reinforcing that idea for me....

4-Ho-DiPT is probably the prime candidate here; its known for being really devoid of visuals (some say activity!) but is still pretty psychedelic. Almost the opposite of the intensely visual NBOME's.

What about bufotenine?

I'm really getting opinions on both sides of 4-HO-DiPT, haha. I intend to try it myself either way so I suppose I'll just have to see how it hits me, alone I mean.... It *definitely* had an effect on my LSD visuals, but like I said in the other thread, the LSD was pretty much dominating that trip so it's hard to judge. I'm definitely looking forward to it, though....

Does bufotenin allow for exploration? I've been interested in it for a long time, but lately I've been kind of hesitant.... I recently heard from someone who's used it a lot that it's fairly often a pretty uncomfortable ride, according to them not even really worth it anymore after enough journeys. On the other hand though, I have heard of people having totally euphoric trips on it, so hmmm....

Allylescaline has practically no visuals and is quite fun.
it's definitely not a trip.... it's party stuff.

Huh, well it sounded more interesting until that last line.... What exactly about it makes it fun? Is it just stimulating? Empathogenic?

the thing i found about allylescaline is you get a Mild Euphoria that is Mescaline like.
That euphoria is tweeked enough to be mildly psychedelic. I have never had a full blown spiritual catharsis from any dose between 35-85mg.
Considering it hasn't been thoroughly researched. I feel that while it is mescaline related and doses of 100+ mg would produce more effects.
at 35-85. Going to a Concert for example... you get the music synesthesia but not intensely... music proves it's point way more than listening to it sober. You also have increased verbal articulation for social situations.
But you don't have hallucinations. you are just sort of confident, and psychedelically intune while drifting between spacey and euphoric.

I saw Crystal Castles on it... I embraced every cleansing wave of that girls primordial chaos.

For me, 4-HO-DiPT at dosages under 20mg didn't do much, but over that it became insanely visual and psychedelic.

I also got the infinite light on 5-MeO-DMT. It didn't appear to have any structure or form and wasn't really a visual in the usual sense, though I did see it. Thinking about it now, I wonder if it's related somehow to the first two formless jhanas, known as "infinite space" and "infinite consciousness".

Hm, interesting request, most people (me included :) ) like the visual ones. Of the ones I've tried I'd say 5-meo-dalt is the least visual (ok, if you count the inactive ones it's dalt). From what I've read/heard 5-meo-dmt isn't really visual in the traditional sense, most of the common 4-ho/4-aco tryptamines get very varied reports (the dipts are often described as being more auditory vs visual), 5-meo tryptamines are more often said to have less visuals (the already mentioned 5-meo-dmt, 5-meo-mipt, 5-meo-dipt, 5-meo-dalt, ..), some describe lsz as not being very visual (I wouldn't but..)... there's probably some rarer stuff that's not that visual but I can't remember any atm. Low doses of anything also give less visuals if you count that. Taking them often can also reduce visuals.

Are you looking for something that's a psy in the usual definition of the word (aka 5ht2a agonist) or are you fine with compounds that work in other ways?

5-MeO-DALT (25-30 mg oral), 5-MeO-DiPT (10 mg oral) and 5-MeO-MiPT (5-6 mg oral) both stand out in my mind, and I recall being able to tap into visuals easier with 4-HO-DiPT (15 mg oral) than I could with those three. Other than that, ketamine (~80-120 mg insufflated) and MXE (25-40 mg oral) aren't particularly visual, just keep your eyes open! ;)