• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelics & Performing Musically

Good thread. Personally I find weed is the best for writing music, but I think thats pretty well established. I personally have found that with things like acid or mushrooms, playing is very difficult. One thing I know for sure is that strong psychedelics and audio software don't mix well for me at all.

I do distinctly remember reading multiple reports on Erowid that DOC in the latter stage is incredible for music. Here is a quote from our good friend BlueDolphin

BlueDolphin said:
Wow!! I had just played guitar for the last two and a half hours at max intensity. This is simply the BEST drug I have ever taken for music enhancement. Not only does music sound absolutely awesome and complex (kinda like LSD hehehe... but better!), but I just played the sickest guitar I've ever played. I am a pretty good guitar player to begin with... but
this was amazing.

Amphetamines are good for playing guitar because they let me play faster and more accurately. LSD is good for playing guitar because it allows me to think of totally new things to play, and to play with greatly enhanced 'feeling'. Well, DOC was like a super combination of these. But better---

I felt totally relaxed playing my guitar. At times I realized I wasn't even thinking at all.... yet I was in the middle of creating the most beautiful music. How could this be.. to be playing so well without even trying? With this boundary to my playing removed, I could do anything. I could go on and on about this... but long story short after I finally put that guitar down I felt like a billion bucks.

Here is another quote from Erowid:

psych@delic said:
Well, the party ended, and I caught a bus home. Got home around 1130, and just kind of chilled for a while. I played some guitar after I got home and that may be the best sounding solos I’ve ever tried. I was hardly even thinking. Just looking at the instrument mathematically, and calculating what notes to play next based on ideas and so forth.

Yet Another,

Noviseer said:
Play guitar faster and more beautifully than ever before. I am not proud, however, of my newfound capabilities. I feel like I am hurting myself with this stuff, created by Mammon, and will pay a dear price for it. Like Robert Johnson, I have made a deal with the devil.

SO, it seems that every person who reports playing guitar on DOC, mentions playing better than any other time in their life!

Here are a few quotes from a well known psychedelics user, musician and incredible comedian. He was soo ahead of his time. You can listen to him from 15 years ago talking about Bush and the Iraq war and it all still rings true today! : )

Bill Hicks said:
-"The rock stars today who don't do drugs and who in fact speak out against drugs – "We're rock against drugs!" – boy, they suck."

-"You see, I think drugs have done some good things for us. I really do. And if you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a favor. Go home tonight. Take all your albums, all your tapes and all your CDs and burn them. 'Cause you know what, the musicians that made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years … rrreal fucking high on drugs. The Beatles were so fucking high they let Ringo sing a few tunes."

-"They say rock 'n' roll is the devil's music. Well, let's say that it is; I've got news for you. Let's say that rock'n'roll is the devil's music and we know it for a fact to be the absolutely, unequivocally true.

Boy, at least he fucking jams! Ha ha ha ha! Okay? Did you hear that correctly? If it's a choice between eternal hell and good tunes and eternal heaven and new kids on the fucking block … I'm gonna be surfing on the lake of fire, rocking out … high five at Satan every time I pass the motherfucking shore."

-"You know, if you play New Kids on the Block albums backwards … they sound better. Gives them that edge they're missing, puts some fucking hair on their balls.

- "Come on, Bill, they're the New Kids. They're so good and so clean-cut and they're such a good image for the children." Fuck that! When did mediocrity and banality become a good image for your children? I want my children to listen to people who fucking rocked! I don't care if they died in puddles of their own vomit. I want someone who plays from his fucking heart!"

-"Wouldn't you like to see a positive LSD story on the news? To hear what it's all about, perhaps? Wouldn't that be interesting? Just for once?

Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration … that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."

I think anything you are comfortable taking and enjoy would improve your music ability.

i have witnessed world-renowned (classical) musicians perform feats of learning involving incredibly complex structures (multipart fugues for example) and subsequent aurally titillating prestidigitation of no less than an astounding nature post ingestion of some materials, 2C-B-FLY the first to spring to mind.

psilocin, friends of trust, in the afternoon red silent lost martian desert views unspoiled by smog or light pollution, ancient caves carved in the hills somewhere around Poison Spider Trail, the solid rocks suddenly - or always - hollow and resonant, differently tuned drums and percussions for the dialled ears, the hands not our own begin to beat the rhythms of the wind, reverberations off the cliffs the echo perfect and the hawk above responds in tune and dives below to glimpse the semi-hairy grinning apes with gleaming constellations - eyes, but yet again digression is the enemy of brevity and wit alike, i plead forgiveness dear reader.

I just found a video where there is a song or 2 with Hendrix, and I am pretty sure that he created lots of bad trips in the public! Crazy man!
Monterey Pop Festival 1967 [Canned Heat,Jefferson Airplane,Janis Joplin,Eric Burdon,The Who,Jimi Hendrix,Ravi Shankar,&more.[VID-C].mpg

Now 2C-B-fly I could really see as a performance and creativity enhancer for playing music. It's subtle enough to allow one to retain their physical and mental functions, but powerful enough emotionally and creatively to give a significant boost.

Xorkoth said:
Now 2C-B-fly I could really see as a performance and creativity enhancer for playing music. It's subtle enough to allow one to retain their physical and mental functions, but powerful enough emotionally and creatively to give a significant boost.

at what dosage level? I have had only one trial run (6mg) so far, and I did indeed feel musically creative and still physically able...

I know that MDPV is not a psychedelic but I'd like to let you all know that it does enhance musical coordination + creativity, I found out yesterday.

My favorite dosage level with 2C-B-fly was about 18mg. I felt an amazing connection to the music which forced me to contribute with my voice and hands, and a very gentle, natural, but overwhelming wave of loving euphoria for everything around me. Cannabis was necessary to break through into the full-on state, for me at least.