• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelics for creativity

I can write for days on dissociatives, and not like amphetamine ranty writing but true creative writing and poetry. Opiates make me want to draw and I have to say that my art that I created on opiates is some of the best and most interesting. Weird, since it's opiates have pretty much nothing in common with psychs, but I always create psychedelic art on opiates. Psychedelics and serotonergic stimulants give me countless creative ideas, but I'm usually tripping too hard to create anything good while under the influence. The real creative effects are long term though. I can be completely sober now and it's infinitely easier to express my creativity vs before I was into drugs (other than weed). Oddly enough, some of my best artwork has been on kratom. My best (and weirdest) poetry so far has been on dxm. I've gotta try playing piano while on something, I really don't know why I haven't done that yet.

Psychedelics changed my artwork quite dramatically. I find it difficult to make work of a non-psychedelic nature now which isnt really a bad thing but its something I feel I have no control over, since I mainly try to harness my intuiton and subconcious mind in a lot of my work.

I rarely make work while tripping. I find tripping useful for gathering ideas and inspiration and like to use that to apply to my work when im sober. I have drawn and painted in the past on trips but never seriously and I was never impressed with the final result.

I wouldnt class MDMA as a psychedelic but I find it amazing for making art as long as the dose isnt too high.

Yes, do that. :)
Next time I drop acid I'll definitely try and probably end up doing it for most of the trip :)

Right now I'm on about 15mg 4-aco-dmt and I just tried playing my new electric guitar- I haven't had an electric in over 5 years. Oh my god, I think I really understand David Gilmour's style now. Playing slow and drawing out notes feels magical. I've always been too busy listening to music while tripping to try playing but I've been missing out apparently because this is amazing.

Most times, it feels like when I have the time to trip is also the time I have to play music. Sometimes one need over rides the other, but I find that they mix often and quite well. Timing within myself becomes more crisp, although if I catch myself listening, I will mess up the next chord, generally playing one that's not even in the key. I've been pushing my wife to get her mom's baby grand player piano with ivory keys for almost 2.5 years, maybe this xmas. Generally, once I sit down and get tuned up, I find that at least 2 hours have past and I'm getting near exhaustion but wanting more. I love playing while tripping!