• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelics and Scary Spirits and Nice Sprites (precieving entities)

tired of crap

Bluelighter
No, this isnt a Skrillex thread... I just needed a catchy title..

Im sure this has been discussed else where... the search yielded no obvious results within the first page ... and you know how we are (ok more like how I am, then again you may not ... ha). Anyways feel free to merge with a relevant thread if necessary..

So over in my thread about psychedelic induced panic attacks causing vision to turn black I sort of derailed my own thread and figured Id start a new one.

Here's some relevant quotes from that thread

I recently ran into an old friend which reminded me ... He was always into the esoteric, spirits - angels / demons and full moon ceremonies.. You know the type.
Anyways he was always on about psychedelics opening up holes in your psyche which in turn brought about evil spirits. I never paid him any mind because why just psychedelics... why not all drugs? And why just evil spirits... why not good spirits?

I had another friend who went down to the amazon for an ayahausca ceremony - but a month kinda deal.
He said one night the dogs in the camp went off... Then this presence came to him and asked to come in. He refused. Within the next few moments one of the others began screaming hysterically. It took hours to calm this pour lady down. The next morning the shaman apologized to everyone for not "keeping the space" as he should have - (implying free of these spirits).

one thing to consider is that we can synthesize fragments of evidence into an entity just by being suspicious of it.
the suspicion gives it shape (maybe negative shape and it fills the anti-shape), then sensory cues that support it are incorporated to corroborate and sustain the illusion.

this is easier to do on psychedelics (even opiates have a psychedelic or waking dream aspect) than in normal everyday mental states.

Just curious what everyones thoughts on these sorts of things are?

Do you feel like substances allow us to see things we cant, dont, or maybe perhaps refuse to in everyday life?
Or are these visions/perceptions/feelings figments of our drug induced accelerated imagination?
What about people who claim to be able to experience these things without the use of drugs?