View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelics and OCD

Fosse

Greenlighter
Does anybody have any experience or information about psychedelics being an effective treatment for OCD, either via general experiences or in assisted psychotherapy? I'm curious specifically about Psilocybin, LSD and MDMA.

I'm hopeful about cognitive behavioral therapy and exposure and response prevention, but I do have concern that it's treating the symptom and not the underlying issue(s).

Micro-dosing psilocybin greatly relieves my OCD. Never noticed much of a change with LSD or MDMA, other than a distraction from my symptoms, but shrooms definitely help. I've even heard of one case of someone with comorbid OCD and Tourette's syndrome being cured through psilocybin mushrooms http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v12n2/12217rs.html

LSD greatly helps my OCD during trips, but afterwards, it's completely back to normal. LSD DOES, on the other hand, give me long-lasting depression treatment. Like, seriously. A trip or two a month, and I'm my best self. But yeah, in my experience, LSD only alleviates OCD during the trip itself. Maybe it seems like it helps simply because I'm far too distracted by everything the trip brings out? Idk. But to answer your question, I would say it treats the symptoms, not the cause.

I'm the same as CrypticArc. Both medium dose (1g-3g) trips and microdosing (200mg-.6g) Psilocybin mushrooms helps tremendously with anxiety, depression, OCD ect long term. Usually a medium dose trip helps for about a month for my symptoms, microdosing works for about a week. However LSD really only helps with depression for me, and only the days I microdose. It doesn't have lasting benefit like mushrooms do for me. Also, LSD actually tends to worsen OCD like symptoms in me. I find it hard not to pick at my acne & over-analyze my facial hair on any dose of LSD. It's led to a few days of having a messed up beard more than once.
I will say that a full on LSD trip (100ug+) produces the most intense introspection of all the psychedelics I've tried, and generally leads to self-improvement after the trip though. It's usually easier for me to integrate insights from LSD into my life after the trip than it is with psychedelics like mushrooms & DMT.

Last edited: