• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelics and Daytrana (Methylphenidate)

WashedCNDL

Greenlighter
A dear friend of mine is prescribed Daytrana, a delayed release of Methylphenidate, for their ADD. It releases 2.2mg/hr (20 mg total) and they are to wear one every day. They recently had an unexpected break in their treatment and was off Daytrana for a number of months, during which time they were turned onto psychedelics.

Does anyone have reports of specifically Daytrana or other users with ADD taking psychedelics while on their regular prescribed dose?

I've read from a study done back in the 60s that it resulted in notable potentiation of LSD, but I'm fairly sure they weren't administering that to ADD patients with a lower delayed release dose. LSD and Psilocybin are their primary concerns, but if someone happened to know interactions with other psychedelics and MDMA, that information would be appreciated.

My personal hypothesis is that it would speed up the intake of whatever drug is and either have that result in a shorter trip (body processed drug faster) or in a harder and shorter trip (akin to mushroom tea)

Thanks

Just skip it dood on the day. Stims and psychs are anxiogenic and not recommended. You can if you must, just to avoid being overly tired, but I would personally pass. Signed, an ADD space cadet with a long history of amps.

Yeah, definitely skip it the day of. if he really feels like shit maybe take half the normal dose.