• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Psychedelics And ADHD

LandsUnknown

Bluelighter
I personally find that when I go through periods of relatively frequently using the classical psychedelics (e.g. LSD, mushrooms, and LSA), in addition to the enlightening experiences that I have from them, I find that my symptoms of mild/low level moderate ADHD are improved. I focus better and am more productive, and I am generally in a very good mood. My mind feels much "clearer" in general. I'm not saying while I'm tripping as of course I'm not particularly "focused" while tripping lol. I'm referring to days, weeks, and even months following. It's really amazing. Is this just due to the "clearing out" of psychological static during the trip or is there any pharmacological basis for this?

In addition, during a period of tripping every weekend/every other weekend while in college, I was amazed to find that despite being nearsighted, my vision actually improved considerably to the point where according to the DMV (as I had to go there to get my license renewed a week or so after my last trip) my vision was 20/40 as opposed to 20/80 which is where I usually am. And according to them in some states at that level I wouldn't even need to wear glasses while driving. Then, after not tripping for a while my vision went back to where it is usually (e.g. 20/80 or so). I'm not sure if it was related to my use of classical psychedelics at the time or if this temporary improvement in my vision was unrelated. However, I'm curious if there would be any pharmacological basis for this if it were related?

Also, this isn't exactly neuroscience and pharmacology discussion but what do you think of the idea of watching Fantasia while tripping =D? Because I'm thinking of doing that next time I trip in the probably near future. I'm thinking it would probably be incredible, though for some reason I've heard people saying not to watch it while tripping :?

Is this just due to the "clearing out" of psychological static during the trip or is there any pharmacological basis for this?
Psychedelics tend to result in a decrease in the power of a network known as the default mode network (DMN), the DMN seems to be overactive in various conditions like ADHD. The DMN tends to be active during mind wandering, and the executive control network (ECN) tends to oppose the DMN and vice versa, activation of the ECN being correlated with focus/cognition and successful stimulant treatment of ADHD.

CY