• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelic use with derealization/depersonalizion ?

pstate

Greenlighter
Just wondering if psychedelics, particularly lsd or mushrooms. Would help someone suffering from derealization. Or if it would make the situation worse?

Derealization/depersonalization both come from anxiety and if you would have an anxiety ridden bad trip it might get worse.
So i would definitely advice against it.

Psychedelic drugs are not a treatment for this condition. They could very well make it worse. I have seen LSD induce extreme derealization/depersonalizion in an otherwise healthy person.

after an unexpectedly strong 2ci trip years ago i experienced what i would consider derealization/depersonalization after endlessly looking up psychological symptoms/disorders. everytime i would smoke weed or lightly trip i would in a sense, leave reality, and be in an really anxious state for hours until i was more sober. but after like 3-4 months i had a really healing mushroom trip that 'fixed' everything and i was back to my normal self, like i finally came back to my body.

psychedelics arent predictable. specially when using them more than one should.. ha

They can help in the sense that you're directly fucking with your sense of self when you take them. I had atypical depersonalization before I started taking acid every week a while back. For the majority of the first year it was very very strange, almost as if nothing in this world was familiar to me at all, but I kept calm about it and was able to appreciate it as a new and interesting outlook on life. Since I had experience with this state before, I didn't let it intimidate me. about 8 months later it went away, presumably while tripping but I can't pinpoint an exact moment. Like others have said, it's not exactly the safest thing to do, you can agitate your mind and make yourself infinitely worse by accident. It would be a great idea assuming you can find a therapist trained in psychedelic therapy. Alone, you have a serious chance of worsening your symptoms to an unknown extent.