View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelic Truffles Advice?

terarc

Bluelighter
I'm heading to Amsterdam soon and figure I may as well give some of the psychedelic mushroom truffles a try. Does anyone have any info on what dose of different strains equate to similar doses of cubensis in strength? And what strains are the most interesting/ worth experiencing in terms of how their subjective effects differ to more common mushroom strains?

Many thanks :)

Im assuming you have never dabbled around with Psychedlics before but my advice would be this go slow don't eat to many.. I had a friend who wate 3grams and waited an hour he felt nothing but then he continued to eat another 3grams and in 2 hours he was tripping like mad bro..

What I had for potency, which was consistent with what I was told they should be, was 10ish grams is close to 2-3 grams of the average shroom. I the one night I tried them I was with 3 others. We all had planned to eat 20 grams, with me having 30 as I had got them. 1 person only ate about 5g though, the rest of us had about 10. We all gave up because they were the most putrid, vile things any of us had ever tasted. They smelled really strong which definitely didn't help. I never got to where I wanted to go though, so about 3 hours later I managed to put down about 20ish grams (basically as if they were pills, I pre-crushed 'em and just gulped and drank a sip of water and repeated). I then proceeded to have a spectacular and powerful trip. After the peak though I was glued to the toilet for about an hour with nasty diarrhea. I would say just get shrooms. They don't taste great either but the truffles aren't worth it. And the effects aren't different. At least it wasn't different any more than any individual experience is different than your other experiences. Psychedelics tend to vary a lot from experience to experience. Of course, I might have just got some old, sour ones or something. If truffles can even go bad.

I'm modestly experienced with psychedelics, around ~15 trips total from shrooms/2cb/lsd/mescaline, and just under 10 experiences with mdma. I was simply gonna give the truffles a shot as the friends I'm going with will be doing them, and just for the novelty really seeing as the strains they're made from are more exotic compared to more available mushroom strains. Maybe I'll give it a miss if they really are that much of a pain though!

Yeah I would do shrooms if I wanted to do shrooms, I was more just fancying trying the truffles as bar growing my own mushrooms it seems the only way to try the weird strains like psilocybe tampanesis etc, it was just out of interest/novelty of how they differ from normal mushrooms, seeing as I will be in the only place I know you can legally get them

The truffles from my previous experiences are not quite as trippy as the shrooms even though they're all part of the same thing. Best bet would be to ask the vendor what you're looking for ie, visuals, deep thoughts etc.
I asked for the heaviest the vendor had on my previous trip to the 'Dam and although they did the business I was no where near where I'd wanted to be. Saying that being in a strange city on psychedelics can be quite an overwhelming experience. As mentioned start small then build up. Atlantis seem to be a popular name for medium strength truffles.

Truffles are exactly the same as mushrooms - the active principal is psilocybin in both. Any difference is pure placebo.

Yes but the same active principals are in Liberty caps and cubensis too, but people always report a mild difference in how the effects are felt, claiming the Liberty caps feel lighter. Because of the psilocin/psilocybin ratio apparently. I've never done both so can't say if it's true or bullshit

I think if you capsuled truffles/cubensis/liberty caps and gave people it they wouldn't be able to guess which they were taking.

terarc, I've tried my first truffles in Amsterdam in December- I did 10 gr of Atlantis truffles (beginners pack)- had a great mild trip with open and closed eye visuals, the mood was great, i felt happy and the music sounded amazing. I highly recommend this. Feel free to ask any other questions.