View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelic Psychotherapy or MDMA Psychotherapy

red22

Bluelighter
If you had the opportunity to engage in either of these, which one would you choose? You could only pick one or the other. Psychedelic psychotherapy could comprise psychotherapy combined with any psychedelic substances you wanted. You could use multiple psychedelics over the course of your sessions. Could also do psycholytic psychotherapy (for those who are aware of the distinction between psychedelic and psycholytic).

MDMA psychotherapy is just that.

LSD assisted psychotherapy. I choose LSD given the duration, effects, and safety. The duration of LSD provides several hours of peak effects while ending reasonably soon and allowing restful sleep. The effects of LSD are exceptionally effective at manifesting and amplifying the effects of our subconscious. Most importantly, LSD has decades of clinical research in humans demonstrating LSD is safe.

When I think of other people having first psychedelic experiences I choose MDMA. MDMA lacks some of the psychoanalytic potential LSD has while providing much gentler experiences. Each drug has positives and benefits. MDMA is an empathogen. The experiences are much easier and almost universally positive.

Wikipedia (Epathogen) said:
The terms empathogen and entactogen are used to designate a class of psychoactive drugs that produce experiences of emotional communion, oneness, relatedness, emotional openness—that is, empathy or sympathy—as particularly observed and reported for experiences with MDMA
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empathogen

Im going to say empathogen psychotheraoy bc mdma is not the only empathogen that reduces fear in the Amygdala . mdma works of cpurse and is most well known.

when trying to overcome something tramatic that happened reducing fear in the Amygdala is he best for psychotherapy

I do think psychedlics are useful with the mind, I just dont know exactly how they work on the brain and certain empathogens that reduce fear in the amygdala , we know they work in this specific manner