View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelic mucous response

CrypticArc

Bluelighter
Anyone else get this? I get it on LSD, shrooms and mescaline but LSD is the worst. My body just keeps making more and more snot. On acid, it can even give me the sensation of drowning in phlegm. I've seen others do this same thing (having to hawk a loogie every 2 minutes). It seems to be thicker than normal, too. Is the cause known?

Hmm... I don't recall this ever happening to me on any psychedelic. When I am sniffing a lot of coke or ketamine mucous buildup is an obvious consequence - especially the next morning, but not sure it has ever happened to me on shrooms, LSD, or mescaline. On my next acid trip I will be more conscientious though to look out for it in case it is happening and I don't notice and will let you know.

I've had something like this from magic mushrooms a couple of times - super runny nose, kind of like the early stages of a cold but not unpleasant at all. Never on other PDs that I can remember.

I've had something like this from magic mushrooms a couple of times - super runny nose, kind of like the early stages of a cold but not unpleasant at all. Never on other PDs that I can remember.
Same here, though 2c-E could do it too...

I've seen people get this kind of thing but never as intense as you're describing. I know that you can reduce mucous by abstaining from certain foods, so you could try that for a couple days leading up to tripping. Dairy is the big one, but wheat-containing foods and sometimes things like sugary foods can also contribute.

I've seen people get this kind of thing but never as intense as you're describing. I know that you can reduce mucous by abstaining from certain foods, so you could try that for a couple days leading up to tripping. Dairy is the big one, but wheat-containing foods and sometimes things like sugary foods can also contribute.

that's actually most of my diet, being a vegetarian. lol

I've definitely gotten this before, mostly from tryptamines. It's always felt purifying to me, actually, like my body is physically loosening up and purging all the negative gunk my body is holding onto. That's probably too idealistic, but it's fun to think about :)

that's actually most of my diet, being a vegetarian. lol
Seems likely to be part of the problem then. You should really give it a try. I know adding restrictions to an already restricted diet is a pain, but it's just a couple days and you might find the results are worth it.

Sorry for reviving an old thread but I found the solution. I took ondansetron with mushrooms and got no mucous response whasoever. Must be a 5ht3 thing. Weirdly, though, ginger doesn't help.

Huh? I get it worst of all with pretty much all 2c's and a lot with other compounds closely related to 2c. I get it with L and other tryptomines too but for some reason the psychological effects of tryptomines are such that they prevent me from giving enough focus to things like this until the tail end of the trip.( at this point when i notice it i also notice it was present through out the entire trip even tho earlier i lacked the ability to identify it)