• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelic induced psychosis: Share your stories. Did acid mess you or a friend up permanently?

awesome31311

Bluelighter
I've met one friend in my life (major pothead, always smoked weed whatever chance he got, was my roommate in HS and I always did his hw) who would not touch "white people drugs" (ie psychedelics), which is odd considering how many south american tribes used these substances, anyways, moving on

He never trusted my psychedelic experiences, he told me he had a friend who was similar to me, started out experimenting with all these substances, then one day he tries acid, and he never came out of the trip. This "never came out" theme has been so persistent with many nay-sayers of the psychedelic experience, but I'm not going to disbelieve their stories. I do think acid can bring to the surface underlying psychotic mental illnesses. Anyway, his friend was later put on dopamine antagonists, gained a shitload of weight, and thinks he owns disneyland, or something like that.

I'm wondering if any bluelighters have similar stories, and given the insight that most of you guys have, we can perhaps gain context and gain a better understanding of these things. I think it's just as important to talk about the negatives, which I believe are underdiscussed in our circles.

I heard the classic urban legend stories. Literally there was a "factual rumor" :rolleyes: that this guy (no one could name him but he was always like an older brother's friend's friend or something) who had a vial in their pocket and it broke and they got 100 hits at once and think they're a glass of orange juice to this day. In a more realistic one, a guy I knew in college who was schizophrenic actually took a shit ton of acid at school and our other friend found him cowering under the piano in the band room and he was never the same since, but of course 17/18 is the typical age of onset of schizophrenia and it is known that traumatic experiences, such as a bad/overwhelming trip, can be the trigger that begins it. So to me that doesn't count.

I have seen someone become psychotic on psychedelics, this guy I was at a music festival with (I didn't know him but he was hanging out in a group with us). He was fine for a while and then he started getting really quiet, and then saying really strange things. Finally he stripped naked and ran off. I saw him a little later walking down the main path, talking to himself in a very agitated manner, still naked, and randomly barking out these really loud, aggressive sounds at random people and scaring them. The next time I saw him, a little bit later, he was getting tackled by by 2 cops and screaming gibberish.

Personally I have never been psychotic from anything, including psychedelics. I have temporarily believed some crazy things but that's not the same thing, that's just part of strong trips sometimes. The closest I've gotten was one trip where I became very manic and entered sort of into a bit of a messianic complex, I thought the universe was speaking directly through me and that the trip report I was writing was going to be the turning point for the world, that inspired people to live their lives in love, which would inspire other people, etc, in a chain reaction that would eliminate all wars and create world peace and enlightenment. I actually wrote and posted the report on Bluelight, it can be found. ;) =D When I came down I realized I had been a bit overboard though and went on with my life. And I mean I actually do think that the best thing we can do is inspire people close to us to be better, and hopefully they do the same. I had just temporarily inflated my own role in that process.

There was this man that everyone called "Crazy George" in the town I was raised. He walked the suburban streets all day long talking to himself, shouting at the cars and kids on bicycles. The Legend was of him eating a large amount of LSD and losing his mind in the 80's. He was used as a scare tactic by parents throughout town to stop the kids from experimenting with drugs.

The man was obviously suffering from schizophrenia, who knows if it was even caused by drugs. He used to hangout back the children's baseball field. I think he may have had some demons worse than drug use going on inside. We we're told if you eat the acid you'll become a glass of juice, you'll be lost inside and forget your a person.

Everybody tells a story about a friend of a friend who broke a vile of acid in their pocket. Got stuck in the trip man, it's flashbacks now for life bro... i feel like back before the internet it was way easier to perpetuate these ridicules myths.

Can psychedelics precipitate mental illness in those vulnerable, of course I've witnessed it first hand. But I also think the dangers are greatly exaggerated by the un-initiated. They have been beneficial for me in treating my own mental illness. LSD is a tool, hopefully the generations in the future will be honest about the benefits and risks of psychedelics.

Likewise. There is a woman in my town everyone refers too as "Crazy Barb" and the story goes that her brother tested some home synthesized acid on her and she was never the same. I don't believe the story. As if any average Joe can make lsd. I think she's just schizophrenic. And of course the vial or blotter in the pocket myth. Funnily enough I've heard it with not acid but 2Ci...

That said. I have danced with Lunacy on a few occasions now. My last trip on a full gram of 4 ho met had me going into psychosis thought loops. I believed I was dead. The road was treadmilling as I walked.in wasn't moving. I kept swearing. Interesting that I swear a lot and can't control it. It's like a tourettes. The drug must hit that part of the brain I'm guessing. I came to and I was mumbling about eternity and swearing dragging my back pack down the street. Luckily it was 3 am and no neighbours saw me