Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Psychedelic effects of MDMA

lwal44

Bluelighter
Greetings!

I just started to think about an MDMA experience that happened for some time ago. During a party a friend got some MDMA, he tested it in front of us and it came out positive. Now, for some reason we decided to drop 200mg, and at that point all of us were quite inexperienced with it. Most of us ended up puking like hell, but me and some others didn't. Now, this is where it got weird, on the comeup it suddenly felt like I was peaking on a strong acid trip, with a psychedelic headspace that was insane. Everything kept changing colours and everything seemed to move in slow motion.
This only lasted for about 15 minutes untill the peak set in and then it turned into an extremely strong roll.
It might also have been some problems with the weight we used, because the drop was massive. I have done 200mg at once, and it doesn't come close in size, it actually looked more like 300-350mg when it was packed in paper.

I have tried to reexperience this but it never gets back to that intense comeup, not even with MDA.
Have anybody else had a similar experience with MDMA? Not the usual "glasses on people" visuals, but more like a full on psychedelic experience with only MDMA.

well, MDMA is a phenetylamine (like mescaline, 2c-b etc etc) so it's supposed to be at least *a bit* psychedelic. also if it was pure stuff 200 mgs for a un-experienced user is AFAIK a quite large dose, so you shouldn't be surprised

MDMA metabolizes to MDA which can be psychedelic. If you take enough of the former you will have a good deal of the latter in the bloodstream.

I have rarely experienced strong psychedelic effects with mdma. The dose was massive and although it was tested there could have been an adulterant in the drug which not detected by the test.

MDMA metabolizes to MDA which can be psychedelic. If you take enough of the former you will have a good deal of the latter in the bloodstream.

at most 10% of mdma will be turned into mda. you also usually also notice the effects thereof towards the end of the high.

i find the amount of psychedelia and visuals i get from mdma to be highly variable. once i saw the insides of a portable toiled turn into a colourful jungle landscape on a 120mg dose of (lab tested) mdma. i regularly did dmt in the months prior, maybe that sensitises you to psychedelic effects (half a hit of lsd felt like 3 hits back then...)?