• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Psilocybin vs Psilocin, Duration..

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
I’m beginning to believe based on my past experiences with mushrooms that Psilocybin lasts longer than Psilocin. I’m more or less guesstimating but it seems mushrooms that are higher in Psilocybin (based on strain and staining, low blue staining can be indicative of higher psilocybin content, finally shelf life psilocybin being more stable) last much longer in total duration. Those mushroom trips that seem to go on forever, you feel you may be coming down then you’re right back in it.

What do you guys think? Has anyone tried Psilocin and Psilocybin to see? Or any other HO and PO (or AcO) tryptamines for extrapolating?

-GC

I've never tried pure psilocybin, but I have pure psilocin. Its extremely fast, and I am on decline by hour 3.5

But yeah you supposedly don't actually get high on psilocybin as it's the prodrug.

I've always thought that the hydrolysis of psilocybin is not an instantaneous process, especially when you're having to digest it out of biomass.

Eating mushrooms is like eating XR Psilocin imo

The differences between the two can be understood via the lemon tek: soaking psilocybin containing mushrooms into an acidic medium converts the psilocybin into psilocin: this leads to a faster comeup, more intense peak, and shorter duration of action, so you are right

When i do the lemon tek i feel the effects of the mushrooms within one minute and peak within 5 and most of the trip is over by the 3 hour mark.

I have had other strains of mushrooms where they must of had a high psilocbyin content cause it take a while for the peak to get started but i ended up tripping for like 7 hours.

I have had wood species in the wild and various cube species grown in different mediums.

All my shrooms trip varied so widely in terms of headspaces, visuals, body loads. Some strains were super visual other strains way more head fuck I want to know how that is possible.

I believe there is more going on in each mushroom species than just the plain old psilocin and psilocybin aswell.

Some strains impact in very different ways.

I am having great satisfaction with dried PE (packaged and sold at a storefront) cut into ~1gram doses and just chewed and swallowed.
the come up is faster than lysergamides (1/2 hour), and eaten this way it lasts 6 hours.

I’m beginning to believe based on my past experiences with mushrooms that Psilocybin lasts longer than Psilocin. I’m more or less guesstimating but it seems mushrooms that are higher in Psilocybin (based on strain and staining, low blue staining can be indicative of higher psilocybin content, finally shelf life psilocybin being more stable) last much longer in total duration. Those mushroom trips that seem to go on forever, you feel you may be coming down then you’re right back in it.

What do you guys think? Has anyone tried Psilocin and Psilocybin to see? Or any other HO and PO (or AcO) tryptamines for extrapolating?

-GC
I can likely test this later this year. I've been meaning to get around to it.

When i do the lemon tek i feel the effects of the mushrooms within one minute and peak within 5 and most of the trip is over by the 3 hour mark.

I have had other strains of mushrooms where they must of had a high psilocbyin content cause it take a while for the peak to get started but i ended up tripping for like 7 hours.

I have had wood species in the wild and various cube species grown in different mediums.

All my shrooms trip varied so widely in terms of headspaces, visuals, body loads. Some strains were super visual other strains way more head fuck I want to know how that is possible.

I believe there is more going on in each mushroom species than just the plain old psilocin and psilocybin aswell.

I have had shrooms that gave me full blown visuals at half an eighth and then I have had shrooms that gave me more of a body high and head and emotional trip, I just think it depends on the strain

I get what you are saying about the head fuck vs visual trips. I've had shrooms that gave me more visuals and then I had shrooms that gave much more of a body high and mindfuck with minimal visuals. It depends on strain and I would assume set and setting

Should I expect mushrooms prepared via lemon tek to be more similar to 4-aco-DMT than when just eating them? Obviously yes as far as it goes in speed of come up but what about other things? Can’t wait to try this as I like 4-aco-DMT far more than shrooms and yet most claim it’s just a pro-drug of psilocin. If so shrooms prepared by lemon tek might be what I need.

Should I expect mushrooms prepared via lemon tek to be more similar to 4-aco-DMT than when just eating them? Obviously yes as far as it goes in speed of come up but what about other things? Can’t wait to try this as I like 4-aco-DMT far more than shrooms and yet most claim it’s just a pro-drug of psilocin. If so shrooms prepared by lemon tek might be what I need.
I still find it takes the better part of an hour to come up even with the lemon. I do too it up with hot water and drink it as a cup of tea though. A lot of others had said it reduces to comeup time to 20 minutes or less though.

I think 4-AcO-DMT has to be active on its own. People always talk like it has to be one or the other but why would it being a pro drug or being active on its own be mutually exclusive? I figure it's probably both, which helps account for its speedy onset time and the qualitative differences people report.

I still find it takes the better part of an hour to come up even with the lemon. I do too it up with hot water and drink it as a cup of tea though. A lot of others had said it reduces to comeup time to 20 minutes or less though.

I think 4-AcO-DMT has to be active on its own. People always talk like it has to be one or the other but why would it being a pro drug or being active on its own be mutually exclusive? I figure it's probably both, which helps account for its speedy onset time and the qualitative differences people report.
Well pure powder/xtal psilocin still might be different but I feel not really that much. 4-aco-DMT had qualitative difference compared to shrooms, not only speed of come-up. I don’t have hundred(s) of experiences as with lyergamides so might be wrong. I would really like to try 4-aco-DMT via I.V. and I feel that way it’ll be waaaaaaaaay more similar to DMT than shrooms. Maybe it’s same for I.V. psilocin? Sad world it is cuz we don’t have thousands reports of it, ain’t it?