• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Psilocybin mushrooms and pot + abilify, straterra, trileptal

xxpdexx

Greenlighter
Some person I know asked me about whether or not they could safely combine shrooms and pot with the psych meds abilify, straterra, and trileptal.

From what I understand, psilocybin works on both serotonin and dopamine, which all of those drugs may effect, albeit to a small degree.

It doesn't look like psilocybin binds to the same receptors as the psych meds in question, which concerned me at first since they use receptors common to a lot of meds and recreational drugs (bad idea to mix them with DXM, oxycontin, wellbutrin, vicodin, etc. for sure), but I'm no expert, and I wanted to make sure there's not a chance of serotonin syndrome or overdose on anything.

Apparently, the abilify is the month-long injectable type, if that makes any difference.

I also understand that antipsychotics usually nullify the effects of psychedelics, so I wasn't sure if he would be able to have any real effects at all, but I also know that abilify is an atypical antipsychotic, so I wasn't sure.

Is that safe at all?

I figured that marijuana doesn't interact with anything and wouldn't cause anything worse than a mildly unpleasant experience when mixed with psych meds, if even that, but please correct me if I'm wrong on that as well.