Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Psilocybin Mushrooms / 2.5 g) - Second time - The worst possible trip

TreeBong

Greenlighter
On the date of August 4, 2014 I took 2.5 grams of psilocybin mushrooms and smoked 2 grams of cannabis, this was my experience.

I'll be presenting the trip in the form of journal.

First, I'd like to make known of my experience with the drugs. I've been smoking cannabis approximately every other day since September 2013 and only took an eighth of psilocybin once back in February 2014.

8:30 PM - Smoked about a 0.5 g bowl of cannabis

9:00 PM - Drank a glass of orange juice, assuming the acid in the citrus would help digest the psilocybin in my stomach better.

9:15 PM - Begin eating the mushrooms a cap and stem at a time while taking small swigs of orange juice to negate the taste (can't stand it)

9:25 PM - Walk over to a friend's house (we'll call him Bob) to smoke more, who has much more overall drug experience than me (cannabis, MDMA, cocaine, LSD, mescaline, and psilocybin)

9:45 PM - Start to begin the first effects of the mushrooms, simple tasks become a little difficult such as packing a bong bowl, and walking. Friend's faces start to morph into odd ways, his eyes and mouth changed places and sizes. Specific objects seem to have more significance than others, like an orange traffic cone with reflective tape on it seemed to be the most stunning.

10:00 PM - I suggested we play some music. Jimi Hendrix was a personal favorite, but when I listened this time to the song "VooDoo Child", it almost seemed demonic and rather frightening. I didn't want to tell him to change or turn off the song because I didn't want him to worry about me. The garage we were sitting in was a bit dark and I could start to see a few visuals in the darker areas of the room.

10:12 PM - I go outside to use the restroom, and at this time it's pitch-black. Being outside in the darkness while this far into the trip is indescribable, every little noise and instance of life was an epic adrenaline rush. I was so frightened I went directly back inside. On return to the garage the music seemed more demonic and the room turned a tint of orange-red. At this point two other friends had showed up with the same amount of drug experience as the first friend (we'll call them Luke and Eric). While I sat on one side of the room on a couch, they each sat in their own chairs directly across from me.

10:30 PM - As we sat and smoked three different bongs (probably 8-9 bowls), Luke and Eric mentioned that they tried to get some LSD from a dealer but couldn't due to some complications and they were very upset. While they both had a mean, disturbing face on, in the orange-red light and demonic music playing their faces turned into what I can best describe as Satan. (The next day they both mentioned that I had a confused and petrified expression on my face at this time).

10:45 PM - I made an excuse that I had to leave, so I quickly gathered my things and left their house. Walking home, I experienced the worst part of the trip. Being in the dark, I couldn't make out a lot of things and shadows and other dark areas seemed to have demons and other monsters hiding and laughing. The monsters were black and had long arms with long fingers, sharp finger nails, and big sharp teeth.

11:00 PM - I made it home safely, I started to have stomach pains and decided to go to bed.

1:00 AM - I woke up from my slumber in a cold sweat only to a dark room (which was my bedroom) that looked like someone else's room. The only way I can describe it is, when you were a child and you woke up at a friend's house and you didn't know where you were for about 5 seconds, but for me it was a few hours. It didn't even smell like my room, I couldn't recognize anything, all of my belongings didn't look familiar. I immediately thought I had broken into someone's home and had been sleeping in their guest room. I sneaked out of my own home making little to no noise, trying not to wake up the non-existing owners of the house. When I left I ran as fast as I could down the road. Coincidentally, someone had ran into a telephone pole 300 ft away from my subdivision (I didn't know about this until the next morning) which caused a blackout and all street and house lights were shut off.

1:15 AM - As I'm running through a few near neighborhoods I hear the first respondent sirens to the 911 call made by residents of houses who lost power, which of course freaked me out even more.

I ended up walking to an elementary school where I slept in a baseball dugout until about 3:00 in the morning when the mushrooms wore off.

im surprised you were able to sleep after taking the mushrooms, Im never able to do that. but wow man u couldnt recognize your own house that is pretty darn funny! when ur on psychedelics and ur listening to music sometimes it feels like the song is speaking to you. like when jimi says im a voodoo child u probably got all kinds of bad vibes in ur mind maybe from just hearing the word voodoo

10:45 PM - I made an excuse that I had to leave, so I quickly gathered my things and left their house. Walking home, I experienced the worst part of the trip. Being in the dark, I couldn't make out a lot of things and shadows and other dark areas seemed to have demons and other monsters hiding and laughing. The monsters were black and had long arms with long fingers, sharp finger nails, and big sharp teeth.
Racist.. Kidding, but watch who you keep company with. Not here to tell you how to live life, but it sounds as though you were with a terrible group to trip amongst.. You'll recover, I had a hard time my very first time doing shrooms. I was with 3 other close friends who dosed, 1 that came later who had not, and a girl I had a massive crush on I had been talking to for about 2 weeks, although I knew her for a few months. She gave off terrible vibes, was glad to see her dip, and my other friend who hadn't dosed, who I was very close to also would try to carry on a conversation with me outside on the porch, it was dark as hell and I couldn't do it. Mid-sentence I got up and said "I can't be out here, man.." He thought it was rude I'm sure but damn it felt good going inside. This was about 6 or so years ago, I learned a lot from the experience, however. I'm sure you have, too.. Best of luck if you decide to expand your mind further! Be safe, don't rush into any psychedelic conquest! <3

I love tripping hard on mushrooms indoors for a couple hours, and then leaving to go outdoors. It's like entering a whole other reality.

Lol'd . sorry about your bad ride. Bummer. Been there before. Dude, the waking up at home and then running down the street is priceless. I've realize that psychedelics can sometimes intensify our inner fears/shadows.

This sounds really messed up. On the other side you can look at this as a one-time scary horror-show kind of ride. Take it as if you had watched a horror movie at night, the only difference being it a real life movie