View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psilocybin & LSD Cross-Tolerance

Firth

Bluelighter
I've read about cross tolerance between LSD and Psilocybin and wanted to ask a question...

24 hours ago (2PM 28/ 08 I taken two hits of acid, trip went well and I'm back to normal today, this Tuesday (02/09) I'm heading to Amsterdam and thought this would be a good opportunity to have some truffles and I've been unable to source good quality shrooms in my country. I'm thinking 1-2 boxes. Should I expect any cross tolerance after this length of time?

I think there will be no problem and you’ll be good for truffles. Waiting 3 to 4 days after the last trip should be enough in my experiences.

Last edited:
There might be some cross tolerance still but 5 days is quite a while.
As long as you haven't been using psychedelics on a regular basis then I don't see why there should be a problem.

Multiply the dose by 1.35 to trip as much as you'd trip had you not done the acid.

Last time I was there (April) I ate truffles on 2 consecutive days. Ok it wasn't as intense but I still managed to trip on the second day (in fact the Friday was a little too intense). Just get the strongest (Atlantis or Hollandia I think depending on the shop?) and you'll be golden. Contrary to what many may tell you I think tripping in your hotel is a waste of your valuable time in the Dam. If you are mentally strong enough go and get a mindfull of all the delights that that wonderful place has to offer. As long as you're not bothering other people or harming yourself nobody seems care what state you're in, in fact getting caned and going a little too far seems to be somewhat encouraged. I absolutely love the place.

How did you come up with that?

Probably just a guesstimation. There will most definitely be cross tolerance with only five days between tripping, especially considering LSD hits more receptors than any other psychedelic, so 1.35x the regular dose would sound about right to me to achieve the same level trip.

How did you come up with that?

ZTuV6CE.jpg

A graph is not evidence of anything. You realize there is a difference in tolerance when going from using psilocybin to LSD than when going from LSD to psilocybin, don't you?

It's a nice back of the napkin calculation though. Based upon the idea that you need to triple your dose if you redose within the first day or two, and after 2 weeks tolerance is dead.

It does depend on personal physiology and the exact compounds in question though. For most people I think 3-5 days is enough to get back to a functional baseline. Closer to 5-7 if you're on a longer-duration compound like DOx or LSD.

In my experience tripping more than once in the same week does cause for some tolerance. The trip seems less intense mentally although visually things might be fine. First trip will have more of an impression, the second one will be more recreational so to speak. Set and setting make a difference too though, being in Amsterdam (more unfamiliar place) with stoners, trippers and drunks roaming around the Red light district at night might help intensify aspects of the experience.

A graph is not evidence of anything. You realize there is a difference in tolerance when going from using psilocybin to LSD than when going from LSD to psilocybin, don't you?

Sure, man. But it's not a bad approximation, right? Or would you rather not even address the question?