Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Psilocybin dosage to break new daily Persistent headache cycle

Richard676

Greenlighter

heart.gif
Psilocybin dosage to break new daily Persistent headache cycle
new.gif

#27473725 - 09/18/21 10:37 PM (4 months, 3 days)​
I was diagnosed with a rare headache syndrome known as new Daily persistent headache (NDPH) 14 months ago. Par for the syndrome, my headache came out of the blue at 4 PM on July 20, 2020 and has never gone away. NDPH headaches can be either migraine like or tension like. In my case, it is a migrainous type of headache that is present during all of my waking hours. The syndrome goes by the acronym NDPH. It’s hallmark characteristic is that it is known to be refractory or resistant to all standard headache treatments, which has been the case for me. Some people have this headache for many years or even decades, something I badly want to avoid it. I have had a continuous headache other than while I’m sleeping on the left side of my head, mostly centered on the temple area. It is a one-sided side locked headache.

I am now considering a number of new nontraditional approaches including ketamine and psilocybin. Of the two, psilocybin is the safer, much less expensive and most practical option.

NDPH lacks a specific phenotype in the way that cluster headaches have. Therefore, much guess work is involved and it is hard to crowd source consistent protocols that work. One individual with NDPH who I know from a Reddit forum piggybacked on the approach of clusterbusters and took a heroic dose of 5 g every five days. She saw her headache syndrome broken for the first time with increasing periods where she had no headache. It took four or five large doses for her to realize a durable and the Demonstrable clinical benefit.

I have an experienced guide/sitter who I trust and will have control over set and setting, if that is the right term. I’m looking for some ideas on how I might approach treating this condition with doses of psilocybin, including repeat dosages so that I can break the headache cycle Which is now chronic and the source of endless pain and has debilitated me, forcing me to retire from my job.

I have never done hallucinogens before Nor any other drugs before other than marijuana. I’m a very stable person. I’d appreciate any suggestions about possible dosage Strategies from anyone experienced with chronic headaches, In particular those who actually tried to break a chronic headache cycle. Even if you’re not a headache sufferer, I’d love to hear your suggestions and opinions. Thank you.

Using psilocybin or LSD could work (other lysergamides/ergot derivatives are prescribed for cluster headaches) but I'd suggest starting with a far lower dose than 5g. Even 0.5-1g might be enough.

@Richard676

your friend may have control over setting, but mindset is something that you are, and that you cultivate at all times.
I think you have a great chance of success!

it will be a huge adventure but you will meet and subdue that drag_on.

Yea I personally use DMT and related tryptamines for treatment resistant migraines and find benefits at lower doses. I don’t think hitting it with a lot heroic doses is the way, especially if long term relief is centered around their neurogenic properties. The neurogenesis happens stronger at lower doses (typical for most substances which induce it). The short term relief comes from how these psychedelics modulate serotonin.

-GC

How much DMT per dose? How does one acquire it?

I’ll often use anywhere from 5-20mg, only time I’ve needed more has been with very stubborn migraines.

If you have even the most basic understanding of solubility and chemistry, you can extract the DMT yourself at home and one time could yield you enough for life.

Otherwise you need to go hit lot of some jam band show or something..

-GC