View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psilocybin body high

TimTim1993

Bluelighter
I've had shrooms that gave me a body high, is this common? Like I would get a strong body high similar to MDMA but in a natural way, and a mental and emotional trip. But the visuals weren't that intense. Anyone have experience with this

someone on the yahooka message board that was around like twenty years ago described that mushrooms and mdma both contain phenylethylamine. if i google mdma it says that's the case and i just googled about shrooms being the same.

"are psychedelic mushrooms a phenylethylamine" the google result said "One analysis of mushrooms used by people hospitalized from psilocybin poisoning found high concentrations of phenethylamine (PEA), which has also been detected in the urine of people who have used psilocybin mushrooms."

i'm not sure how great the mdma that i used to get was but i can describe a few of the experiences as a weird body high that just kind of left me feeling confused that i didn't have any visuals because it definitely felt like a lot of the trips i've tried. i don't really get the popularity of mdma. i think my brains receptors might've been burnt out from some mda that i took a few months before and never got a real mdma experience though.

someone on the yahooka message board that was around like twenty years ago described that mushrooms and mdma both contain phenylethylamine. if i google mdma it says that's the case and i just googled about shrooms being the same.

"are psychedelic mushrooms a phenylethylamine" the google result said "One analysis of mushrooms used by people hospitalized from psilocybin poisoning found high concentrations of phenethylamine (PEA), which has also been detected in the urine of people who have used psilocybin mushrooms."

i'm not sure how great the mdma that i used to get was but i can describe a few of the experiences as a weird body high that just kind of left me feeling confused that i didn't have any visuals because it definitely felt like a lot of the trips i've tried. i don't really get the popularity of mdma. i think my brains receptors might've been burnt out from some mda that i took a few months before and never got a real mdma experience though.
I had no idea shrooms falls under the class of phenylethylamines.i thought they were tryptamine based.Or I didn't know shrooms has phenylethylamines in them

I had no idea shrooms falls under the class of phenylethylamines.i thought they were tryptamine based.Or I didn't know shrooms has phenylethylamines in them
yeah. i wasn't sure. but google seems to think so. i know google isn't always right or maybe i misinterpreted, so maybe someone else wants to weigh in.

I don't think shrooms can contain enough PEA to have perceptible body load effects. It takes quite a big dose for that, like at least several hundred mg (?). I believe it is considered "non-psychoactive", but I've heard of people abusing it in doses >2000mg, and they always report very bad body load and physical effects like tachycardia.

I'm not sure if it's a metabolite of psilocin, though?

I wonder what they are implying by this.

Last edited:
Psilocybin mushrooms (and many other tryptamines) have a lovely body high. I often find they make my skin feel kind of wet, in a nice way.

Folks who end up in hospital with "psilocybin poisoning" tend to not be the most reliable narrators. Who knows what they actually took.

Folks who end up in hospital with "psilocybin poisoning" tend to not be the most reliable narrators.
I wonder how many of them are drug naive and took a reasonable amount of shrooms but just couldn't handle the high. Happens all the time.

LSD is actually responsible for something like 3-4x more hospital admittances than shrooms.

Another possibility is they could be accounting for people with schizophrenia who take shrooms. Interestingly, people with schizophrenia have much higher levels of trace endogenous chemicals such as tryptamines, phenethylamines, and such.

Psilocybin mushrooms (and many other tryptamines) have a lovely body high. I often find they make my skin feel kind of wet, in a nice way.

Folks who end up in hospital with "psilocybin poisoning" tend to not be the most reliable narrators. Who knows what they actually took.
Yeah the body high from shrooms is amazing. I feel like it is similar to the body high from MDMA but in a natural sense. But imo a shrooms body high is way more intense

I wonder how many of them are drug naive and took a reasonable amount of shrooms but just couldn't handle the high. Happens all the time.
No doubt. The question is are these also the same people testing positive for large amounts of PEA. Well, that was just something that popped up on Google anyway.
LSD is actually responsible for something like 3-4x more hospital admittances than shrooms.
"These tabs ain't shit"
Takes more
"Highjinks ensue"

That old chestnut.

Although, It's surprising in a way. LSD is a lot more stimulating sure, but it's also friendlier/more recreational at standard doses while being harder to get hold of for a lot of people. I wonder if these admissions also account for things that have been laid on blotter but aren't actually acid. DOx NBOx etc etc

Another possibility is they could be accounting for people with schizophrenia who take shrooms. Interestingly, people with schizophrenia have much higher levels of trace endogenous chemicals such as tryptamines, phenethylamines, and such
I remember reading/hearing somewhere that people with schizophrenia also exhibited higher baseline levels of dopamine. Couldn't tell you where though.