View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

psilocybe subaeruginosa shrooms

mavis561

Greenlighter
hi, i was just wondering if any one knows if the psilocybe subaeruginosa shrooms are good for a first time trip ? and what the average dosage would be for them ?.

any help would be much appreciated since i cant find much info on google :/

Hi there, welcome to Bluelight :) I think you may be in the southern hemisphere yeah...? I live in Melbourne, seems to be quite a few of these guys around atm. Psilocybe Subaeruginosa are a pretty potent mushroom with quite a bit of variance between specimens.

Because there is disparity in potency, I would advise you to completely dry the mushrooms out, crush/grind them as much as possible and mix this powder in an attempt to 'standardise' them and start with a small dose of 0.2g (200mg) or less, dry weight. This may allow you to test your response to mushrooms and psychedelics in general. FWIW, I think mushrooms will be pretty wild for a first trip; there is (IME) a tendency towards dysphoria initially with the mushroom come-up so please ensure you are with someone who has some experience tripping and that you trust.

For me, a dosage of 1 gram is more then enough but I am quite strongly effected by mushrooms...

Be safe and take it easy :)

edit: Read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psilocybe_subaeruginosa#Alkaloid_content

Last edited:
hey mate, thanks for the quick reply. im from shepparton so 2hrs from melbourne. iv tripped quite a few times on rc's but nothing like mushrooms, i managed to get my hands on 20 grams of dried subaeruginosa. my mates and i are going to give it a go in next few weeks when we go on our camping trip, so ill probably just start out with 1gram or so just to be safe. do you reckon i should grind them up or just eat them whole since they are already dried?

^I would grind them up personally. Some mushrooms may literally be stronger then others so its harder to control your dose... Thing to be considered then is that the effects may kick in a bit quicker.

FWIW, a gram may be too much. You've nothing to lose by starting lower :)

Well if i take a lower dose will i still get open eyed visuals since they are fairly potent ?

^I'm not sure that's entirely answerable. A lower dose will just give you milder effects, but all the effects will still be present, albeit mildly :) I would just take the low dose, wait for 1.5hrs to assess how you feel and if you want more, have more...