View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psilocybe semilanceata

CrystalMethod2009

Greenlighter
Found about 120 of these a few days ago. It was a nice trip. :)

ot0to7.jpg

2s9aold.jpg

2lca782.jpg

Thanks for sharing that :)

Everyone should be careful when picking mild mushrooms at any rate, some species are better hunted than others.

Is this is a good time of year for mushroom picking in the mid Atlantic East coast area? And where do find the most mushrooms? In pastures, or in Forrest's or the occasional pine forest? Never really known where to look and when I do see them they are usually the big white giants that aren't edible or the spore duster puff balls under my pine tree.

Bigazznugz I find them in low-lying pastures with plenty of tall grass and a high water table, usually October through early January in the Pacific Northwest. I went back to this pasture December 9th and found more. Also went to the coast around Astoria, Oregon and found a large number of Psilocybe azurescens growing in the dune grass and picked about 6 dry ounces. That species is extremely potent. 6 small ones (or about 2 grams dry) is all it took to turn into an elf and start jousting cars lol

zl3lo7.jpg

21j64wg.jpg

357hmcm.jpg

jq29n7.jpg

Psilocybe azurescens; a much larger and much more potent psychoactive mushroom that only grows reliably in my region in the dune grass, scotchbroom or blackberries on the coast near the mouth of the Columbia River (Long Beach, Washington and Warrenton/Astoria, Oregon) or in privately cultivated outdoor patches elsewhere. We've got shrooms coming out of our ears here in the Pacific Northwest; about 6 species here are fairly common in the fall you just have to know where and when to look.Liberty caps are the only ones i find in pastures though the rest are wood lovers and/or associated with dune grass and shore pines. Psilocybe cyanescens is very common also and found in wood chips in parks and trails all around the Puget Sound area and the coast.

9sylx0.jpg

About 3-4 this size will send you to the moon.

xdxz5z.jpg

Thanks man I'm East coast USA Maryland area but thanks for all the info guys. It has been extremely mild this winter and fall. It hasn't really dropped below 40f yet. I'm not getting as much rain as you in wash. There are some pastures in my state but, do you ever have any luck in forest settings. Not a whole lot of conifers or evergreens but tons of oak, walnut, spruce, foests around here. I imagine there is alot of downed trees for woodloveing fungi. Other than that I have to pa or really travel down southern md to get access to good pastures.

Those look really nice!

I picked a couple of months ago but I think they were too young and small. Got 180 shrooms weighing at 9.5g. Split it three ways with two friends but we only got a mild little high.

Enjoy them!

Forget pastures. Just get pastures out of your head. Most psychoactive species don't occur in pastures at all, contrary to popular belief. Most species grow on wood/wood chips. It's just that Psilocybe cubensis and Psilocybe semilanceata are two species that most people are familiar with and they both occur ion pastures but there are a lot of different species and very few of them grow in pastures. Psilocybe semilanceata doesn't occur in Maryland as far as I know and cubensis certainly doesn't because it's a tropical/subtropical species. If you're going to have any chance of finding actives in Maryland you won't find them in pastures at all. There are no species there that do. Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata is what you will find there and they grow in spring, on wood.