View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psilocobin vodka?

Bitchniggaz

Bluelighter
Im getting like a half pound of cubensis soon.
However i dont feel like having that amount of shrooms just laying around.

Ive read that you can put it in strong alcohol to make a tincture.
How stable is a solution of mushrooms going to be?

Im thinking about putting like 100g in 1l of vodka or whiskey.
So 5cl should give me a 5g trip or something around that range.

i always thought that tek was proven to be bullshit. I think my friend tried it out in 2019 but i never heard how it turned out. Make sure to get some solid proof it works before wasting your shrooms.

I might do some smaller experiments.
Maybe if i do a Lemon tek and then add vodka for shelf life?

i think with the organic matter it will quickly turn bad and modly even with vodka added. Storing that amount of shrooms does seem like a crazy task. I only ever had a ounce at a time. Hope you find something that works

Is it the liquid storage that will ruin the actives?
I usually store my shrooms in the freezer.
However it would be nice to have a bottle of liquid mushroom tincture for exact dosing and a more stealthy way to transport it.

How about for a short term thing?
Like mixing it for a party and indulging it in a few Days or so?

So this came up when I was pondering making mushroom kombucha (which is pretty well a fail, it doesn't work):

Psilocybin dephosphorylates in acid.....so, becomes psilocin which is unstable in solution which means it won't last long kicking around in a liquid.

I would guess that vodka is acidic....is it? I don't know the PH level of my legal DOC (not vodka, alcohol), it's sad. ;)

ethanol does not extract psilocybin as far i know. Methanol is used in the OG Hofman process

Is it the liquid storage that will ruin the actives?
Yeah, tryptamines aren't stable in solution even when refrigerated IME. They tend to degrade even quicker than LSD which can indeed be left in solution if used within a reasonable time period. I've watched 4-AcO-DMT turn dark just being exposed to oxygen repeatedly over a month.

My friend made an ethanol tincture using everclear and mushrooms recently. It turned out bunk. I told him I thought it was a waste but he didn't listen. Not sure if others have had success but I certainly haven't seen it.

Last edited:
I have an old paper kicking around with a graph comparing methonal, ethanol and acidified versions of each for psilocybin, psilocin and baeocystin...but it’s dated af lol I’ll link it later when I dig it up but most people, through experimentation agree ever clear is an ineffective means of extraction.

I think your best bet would be to ensure they’re proper dry (you can get desiccant online or even from the dollar store-here anyways).

Vacuum sealing with silica gel packets in there should preserve them for a couple years without loss of potency. Any longer and powdering, sealing and freezing is likely better.

If you’re looking for liquid dosing I’d wager a lemon tek is your best bet. However, I’ve seen it turn blue just sitting in the fridge overnight. 69ron claimed steam treating dried mushrooms and then redrying killed the enzyme responsible for the bluing / potency loss... but I can’t comment on that and haven’t read of many others attempting it.

@F.U.B.A.R. did your solution turn blue?

I've no idea tbh. I just brewed up a load of mushrooms in water, strained it then poured into a Grolsch bottle, stuck it at the back of the fridge and forgot about it. Because the bottle was dark green I had no idea what it looked like and just drank it out of the bottle. Tasted absolutely fine. Guess I was just lucky because the potential for bacterial and fungal growth is huge.

free image hosting

I've no idea tbh. I just brewed up a load of mushrooms in water, strained it then poured into a Grolsch bottle, stuck it at the back of the fridge and forgot about it. Because the bottle was dark green I had no idea what it looked like and just drank it out of the bottle. Tasted absolutely fine. Guess I was just lucky because the potential for bacterial and fungal growth is huge.

free image hosting
I hate Grolsch beer (over priced plus tastes meh) but damn do I love the bottle they put them in! I use them to store fruit infused vodkas I make from time to time.

I hate Grolsch beer (over priced plus tastes meh) but damn do I love the bottle they put them in! I use them to store fruit infused vodkas I make from time to time.

Yeh, I also love the bottles and the stopper is totally airtight. Perfect for this sort of shit...

Edit: Thinking about it now, I'd had the mushrooms simmering in a pan for half an hour or so - enough to kill off most bacteria. Then I poured it into the bottle still hot and closed the cap. So there was a hot, sterilised solution in an airtight container that when cooled would create a partial vacuum in the bottle.

Upon ingestion there was absolutely no loss of potency, in fact I'd say it was even stronger. Pure out of body experience. It's probably the only trip I've had that I would class as ++++

As I entered the wormhole, I felt my whole body morph into the cold hard steel of a starship. After that, my body was no more. I entered another universe that was bathed in light instead of dark and journeyed to a planet that was surrounded by millions of starship beings like myself. Then God spoke to us with instructions on how to terraform the planet.

It was totally far out.

But i'd be interested to know if this apparent potentiation could be replicated. I dont do psychedelics anymore, but if any of you intrepid psychonauts out there fancy a bit of experimentation, please report back...

Last edited:
But i'd be interested to know if this apparent potentiation could be replicated. I dont do psychedelics anymore, but if any of you intrepid psychonauts out there fancy a bit of experimentation, please report back...

I'm going to try to replicate your experiment.....or, experience rather.
I don't drink Grölsch, but Hacker-Pschorr Münchner Gold has the same type of stopper and I'll defo drink that.

You say you simmered the mushrooms for half an hour....was that in the tea solution?

I'm going to try to replicate your experiment.....or, experience rather.
I don't drink Grölsch, but Hacker-Pschorr Münchner Gold has the same type of stopper and I'll defo drink that.

You say you simmered the mushrooms for half an hour....was that in the tea solution?

I say 'tea', but there was no tea involved, just around 100 dried Psilocybe semilanceata simmered in tap water then strained and bottled.

I say 'tea', but there was no tea involved, just around 100 dried Psilocybe semilanceata simmered in tap water then strained and bottled.

We sometimes don't use any actual tea when making mushroom tea.

But I will make it the way you did.

Ah shit, I first have to get P. semilanceata dammit, I can only get P. cubensis around here. Typical, I fail before even starting. :LOL:

Ok, I'll make it with cubensis in the meantime and try to source semilanceata.

Forget the back of the fridge, these beauties are going to get pride of place in the fridge door so I can savour the science every time I open the fucker. Or are the temp differences between the back of the fridge and the door going to fuck with the experiment?