• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Prozac Withdrawl

ShardHunter

Bluelighter
I did a search on "Prozac" and what I found were either questions on effects of combining Prozac with other drugs or effects of *starting* Prozac. (If this is the wrong place, please let me know or move this? I apologize in advance.)

I have several diagnoses; Chronic Fatigue Fibromyalgia, Major Depressive Disorder and Severe Anxiety manifesting in panic attacks are most disabling.

I'm looking for personal withdrawal stories. After reading this article (http://rxisk.org/antidepressant-withdrawal-a-prozac-story/) - which scared the shit out of me because of the intensely bizarre similarities - I decided to taper and withdraw. Since I've made that decision, my energy and overall well being have sharply increased despite my (overly) frequent enjoyment of other recreational drugs and mandatory need of other prescription medications.

What are your experiences?

I never 100% found out if it was Prozac withdrawal for sure, but about 12 years ago I was taking 40mgs I believe of Prozac and my stupid doctor suddenly lowered it to I think 10mgs and I had 4 months of HORRIBLE insomnia.

Back then there wasn't time release Ambien and I was told I could only take one pill per night which only lasted 4 hours so for 4 months I only got 4 hours of sleep on ambien a night.

I'd take it, fall asleep, and literally EXACTLY 4 hours after it had kicked in I would sit up wide awake in bed unable to fall back to sleep.

Neither weed, alcohol, benadryl, melatonin, Klonopin, Flurazapam or any combination of them could even put me to sleep for even a minute, only Ambien, and only for 4 hours.

It SUCKED and it didn't matter where I tried to sleep or how comfortable the sleeping conditions either.

I THINK it was Prozac withdrawal cause around the time I'd been back on 40mgs again for about a month I was finally able to sleep through the night again and it just dissapeared and thankfully never came back again.

But I still can't know if it was Prozac withdrawal for sure, it's just the only explanation I have so it seems likely.

i was on Flouxetine for around 4 months and came off it pretty easy, it was just the insomnia and akathisia whilst i was on it that sucked.

man i couldn't wait to get off it, now i just use bupe and my anti-depressant

i was on Flouxetine for around 4 months and came off it pretty easy, it was just the insomnia and akathisia whilst i was on it that sucked.

man i couldn't wait to get off it, now i just use bupe and my anti-depressant

If I may ask, what are you taking as an anti-depressant?