• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Prozac + Oxazepam - Safe to smoke weed?

Steven325

Bluelighter
Smoking weed off and on for 10 years (mostly on)

Last years anxiety/panic attacks, also when not high but often worst when high. 24/7 constant anxiety.

Quit for a few weeks but anxiety was still there, so now I got prozac and oxazepam, oxazepam only to counteract the prozac side effects that can happen in the beginning.

I started my medication today (10mg prozac, will go to 20mg after a week and 10mg oxazepam), is it safe to smoke weed now?

start very low. the oxazepam will help with any of the cannabis induced anxiety as much as it could..

if the prozac is in full effect then it is to my knowledge that your anxiety may also be suppressed.

the weed high will just be duller but there shouldn't be any reason that it won't be safe if you start small and work your way up.

afaik marijuana has little to 0 interactions with any pharms

I'd stay away from marijuana until your anxiety is completely under control. just my humble opinion.

Is it safe? Physically you will be fine! So no worries about that! Mentally there really is no way to tell whether or not you'll have a panic attack/anxiety attack. I would suggest smoking a small amount of weed, with some friends, in a comfortable enviroment. remember set and setting is important here! After that, if all goes well, you can be less strict with how much/when/where you smoke. Little by little is the best solution!

I'd stay away from marijuana until your anxiety is completely under control. just my humble opinion.

Yes I definately agree, I've been delaying way too long, sometimes I quit for a few weeks but the anxiety was still so bad. Now that gave in and admitted I need help and gotten the medication I'm convinced I can stop for real this time. Hopefully smoked my last stuff today. Just a bit scared of the prozac side effects combined with quitting weed which is usually pretty unpleasant (mood swings, sweating etc)

Is it safe? Physically you will be fine! So no worries about that! Mentally there really is no way to tell whether or not you'll have a panic attack/anxiety attack. I would suggest smoking a small amount of weed, with some friends, in a comfortable enviroment. remember set and setting is important here! After that, if all goes well, you can be less strict with how much/when/where you smoke. Little by little is the best solution!

For me amount doesn't seem to matter, I've had panic attacks lasting for hours from less than 0,1 gram and also smoked grams in a night sometimes without issues. However most of the time there was anxiety.