• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

prozac + ecstasy = can i roll only after 2 days of the prozac?

lokidoki

Bluelighter
i was prescribed prozac literally yesterday, 20mg, and took one last night and one this afternoon. i know prozac takes quite a while to kick in. could i roll tonight and still feel the good effects or is it already too late?

no. it's too late. when you take prozac, it takes a while until you feel the therapeutic effects, but the drug starts blocking your serotonin transporters immediately.

I actually saw your reply too late, and took some anyway. Felt so so on the first pill, took a second one and was feeling pretty good. (Which makes sense because I usually don't feel like I'm really rolling until the second pill). It was definitely diminished but Im not sure if thats because the lights were on (I was trying to roll without it being noticeable/in a social situation) and on top of that, I had last rolled on 3 pills maybe 4 days before that. So between the prozac, having recently rolled, and the bright ass lights, I felt pretty decent.

Probably should take a break now though. And I'm debating continuing with the Prozac, as if I continue taking it I'm worried that I won't be able to roll at all soon. I don't have clinical depression, I'm going through depression due to opiate addiction withdrawals.

Anyway, thanks for the advice either which way!

now this is interesting. fluoxetine has a half life of multiple days, which means that your plasma concentrations increase for quite some time when if take it daily, but it's a pretty potent ssri, so i wouldn't have expected you to feel so much. especially considering that 20mg is a normal dose rather than a particularly low one.

personally, i'm very critical of ssris. most have a 'number needed to treat' of around 10 in placebo-controlled studies (you have to give 10 people the real drug instead of the placebo in order to have one person see improvements that wouldn't otherwise) for depression. combine that with the side effects (which can be debilitating for some people, others don't notice anything) and the withdrawal symptoms some people get (i know someone who has struggled for years to come off citalopram, but just couldn't do it; fluoxetine isn't as bad as some others in this respect)...
i generally wouldn't recommend them to anyone if it can be avoided. but i don't profess to know more than a doctor about the subject (this is the first time i hear about an prescribing an ssri for opioid withdrawals; and the only studies i find on pubmed are about controlling premature ejaculation with fluoxetine in opioid withdrawal and fluoxetine not helping reduce the relapse risk when it is added to naltrexone...) nor do i know anyones personal situation. it's up to you who you want to trust more, your doctor or a random guy from the internet ;)