• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Prosecutors: Idaho man who shot at White House was upset about US marijuana policy

Bluelight Crew
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...a660ea-b274-11e2-9fb1-62de9581c946_story.html

WASHINGTON — An Idaho man charged with attempting to assassinate President Barack Obama by shooting at the White House practiced with his weapon for six months and may have been upset about the country’s marijuana policy, prosecutors said in a newly filed court document.

Oscar Ramiro Ortega-Hernandez is currently awaiting trial for the 2011 shooting, which didn’t injure anyone but left more than five bullet marks on the executive mansion. Prosecutors filed a 14-page court document Tuesday that adds additional detail about Ortega-Hernandez, who allegedly shot at the White House the night of Nov. 11 while the president and first lady were away.

Ortega-Hernandez, 22, has pleaded not guilty to the attempted assassination charge and to other charges.

In the document, prosecutors said Ortega-Hernandez “expressed anger towards the government regarding the continued criminalization of marijuana,” which they said he acknowledged smoking and claimed makes people more intelligent.

Prosecutors said they will offer evidence to show that Ortega-Hernandez’s motive in shooting at the White House “was to punish and kill the president, who he believed was the head of a government that was oppressing its citizens in various ways, such as by continuing to criminalize the use of marijuana.”

Prosecutors also reiterated previously disclosed information that Ortega-Hernandez repeatedly expressed contempt for Obama, whom he called the antichrist.

cont. http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...a660ea-b274-11e2-9fb1-62de9581c946_story.html

quite the assassination attempt ... the president and first lady werent even there....

The intent was commendable.

(FBI/CIA/NSA/ATF/SBI/DEA/DHS/DMV DISCLAIMER: I do not & would not ever advocate killing the president. Don't send me to Gitmo. kthx)

"He claimed smoking marijuana makes people more intelligent." Lol..... certainly didn't work out that way for him... This cretin will only serve to strengthen the resolve of the anti-drug crowd that marijuana should remain criminalized.

Way to give the other side perfect ammo in this stupid ass "war." Just like that shooting at the 4/20 rally in Colorado, people need to realize that theyre actually hurting the cause with shit like this.

I've had similar feelings. I can't lie. The fact that some mother fuckers smoked or still smoke, and do what they do to so many people... It is not at all far off from reasons wars were started. Even if they could clobber me... And have the laws in the books to keep me down, they aren't right. That's the end of it.

That being said.. Though I have had the feelings... I am not smart enough or organized enough to have success in changing the laws through such kinds of forcible means. Shooting Obama would accomplish nothing positive in this regard.

I am also not stupid enough to sacrifice my life in such a way. But I do have some understanding with him... But all in all, I don't agree with his method.

I trust that the truth will prevail in this stupid war on drugs, and we will be forced to become more sensible.

Way to give the other side perfect ammo in this stupid ass "war." Just like that shooting at the 4/20 rally in Colorado, people need to realize that theyre actually hurting the cause with shit like this.

This is very likely because of the amount of people involved, and the association that the laws have given marijuana for the past several decades, with criminals. But I wouldn't put it past some idiot to not see that, or tool, to twist.

Last edited: