• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pros/Cons of Routinely Switching Drugs?

Asparagus_Prince

Bluelighter
To deal with my pain/motivation issues I've learned that Adderall, Kratom, and Gabapentin are all helpful drugs for me.

Suppose I took Adderall for 2-3 days, followed by Kratom for 2-3 days, then finishing with Gabapentin for 2-3 days. And suppose I continuously repeat that cycle

Question 1- Is that a good idea in terms of not getting too dependent on any one particular drug?

Question 2- If I do that for a long time and suddenly stop, what would a withdrawal be like? Or would there not be a withdrawal at all since I'm not consistently taking the same drug? (This is the question I especially would like responses to)

If you are only using each drug 2-3 days a week you will likely avoid gaining a tolerance or experiencing withdrawal.

over decades you will just fuck up multiple systems (was my experience). so seems real clever until multuple brain systems are deregulated :/

Both of you @simstim and @cdin have a good point. Depending on what you want/expect from drug use (recreation vs. pain reduction etc) and how long you'll going to do, you'll get less tolerance but a long term risk. They have some reason in calling poly drug users harder to therapy.. but most problems arise when one begins to cross use without sticking to a schedule like you mention @Asparagus_Prince with every day just 1 drug.

Withdrawal might end up as PAWS, no acute w/d but a longer amount of time with low energy/motivation, restlessness, fatigue from dopamine dysregulation.

Dopamine, gaba, sert, noid receptors, nmda. There’s a lot to rotate through and yes you can fuck them all up simultaneously;(