• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Properly Redosing Oxycodone?

mdc2512

Bluelighter
I have read a lot of things online about this topic and I have mostly seen that if you redose Oxycodone that you are just waisting them. How long should you wait before you dose again or how quickly would you have to dose again (not safely but just in general for it to be effective?) If I took 10mg of Percocet and then an hour later took 15mg and then another hour later took 20mg would this still just be waisting them? Would I even need start low and work up or does redosing actually work? Thanks everyone.

don't stagger doses like that, it really blunts the effects even if you end up dosing 2-3x what you normally would. Always start low and work your way up but I would say wait until you have a good nights sleep before you try again, that always produces the best results for me.

One dose a day and you will get optimal effects very consistently, anything more and you are raising your tolerance and wasting opiates.

Wait at least a day. Redosing oxy is such a waste, even 30 minutes after the initial dose will not add to the high for me.

I wait anywhere from 30 minutes to 6 hours between doses and generally get the results I'm looking for. A typical day will start with a 20mg dose at 5am then another 20-30mg at 7am then another 20mg at 8-9am then another 20mg at 11am. After that I will usually take another 20ish around 6pm. I don't typically need the night time dose but the fact is I am an addict and will do what addicts do.

My high with oxy only lasts around 3 hours so I redose minimum 3 hours,staggering doses does not work like tramadol and morphine.
Half life of oxy is 2-4hours so 2hours MINIMUM and once a day for best euphoria but i notice the 2nd dose of the day is more sedating.
Morphine half life is the same but its duration of action is 7hours, I've felt high before 8hours after a dose and sometimes it wears off in 4-6hours. compared to oxy which the comeup lasts hour to hour half then a hour intense nod and then back to feeling buzzy but wanting to redose where as morphine instant high dose I don't feel need to redose, if I take it orally I TOOK 10mg at 4am got rid of my morning rattle and didnt need to take a dose till 9 30 so 5 and half hours , it does last longer orally all drugs do as plugging is basically straight to bloodstream.

I feel that you are completely overthinking this. Only you will be able to acurately determine your preferences.

I say 3hours minimum usually try wait four I hate how you get a minincomedown

My tolerance is pretty high. I typically take one 30 mg dose of Oxycodone in the morning and, if I am lucky, feel euphoric for about 30 mins. It does me no good to take another dose, unless I wait several hours. To avoid using up my monthly meds, I usually just wait til the next day. Like most others here, I am being treated for chronic pain (cervical spine disease) so I take a lot of additional medication... Soma, Lyrica, and morphine ER. The high is an added bonus for me.

i redose oxy after the first few hours. stuff doesn't last long. my second dose works fine. usually start nodding on the second dose.