• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Proper dose for Long term Deprenyl use?

yul

Greenlighter
Hello,

currently using Deprenyl with great success for mood.

There are MANY research papers as well as article claiming that there may be unwanted toxic side effects from improper dosage.

Primarily, the problem seems to be around elevated and unbalanced antioxidant enzymes increasing radical damage.

Dr Knoll himself is on a very low dose (few Mgs a week only) and is also weary of the problem.

Can anyone help me with updated info on this please? I really like this product.

I am 35 y.o. 220 Lbs and using 5Mgs every day. I would lower to 5 Mgs EOD no problem if necessary.

Many thanks.

I am not familiar with this substance, but from a little bit of research it appears to be an MAO-B that is used for Parkinson's Disease. The link I posted up top here goes into some of the side effects. You might have to do some Google research is what I would suggest, as this doesn't appear to be a recreational drug of any kind.

I took smart drugs for a time in my 30's. I was taking a few college classes to advance at work.
My eventual DOC at the time was Paracetam. Light dose in the morning all week and a heavier dose in the evening as well on days I had a class.
Up late from the class, coffee, and Paracetam, so GHB to put me down for 4 hours of semi-restful sleep. Yes, GHB could be ordered legally online from Europe at the time.

Anyway, I tried Deprenyl as a smart drug as well. It felt like a very mild classic stimulant which lasted a very long time. It has l-methamphetamine as a metabolite.
I thought it felt like nibbling on a mini-white from the 70's all day. If you took too much, the stimulant effect got tiresome and unpleasant after a while since it lasted forever.
Taking 1mg. a day made me more alert, but it built up in my system and I got insomnia if I did that for more than a few days straight.

So, as a smart drug, it was not for me. I ended up using it for times I wanted to be alert and awake for a while when I would normally not be.
I took it at a fair amount of concerts when I just wanted a mild, pleasant, "speed" to keep me awake half the night.

I am not familiar with this substance, but from a little bit of research it appears to be an MAO-B that is used for Parkinson's Disease. The link I posted up top here goes into some of the side effects. You might have to do some Google research is what I would suggest, as this doesn't appear to be a recreational drug of any kind.

Deprenyl isn't recreational per se, but it is a pretty effective antidepressant. It is used sometimes for Parkinson's because as an MAO-B inhibitor (an irreversible one, so be careful with diet and other drugs), it increases the levels of all of the neurotransmitters in the synapses, including dopamine. It makes you feel pretty good, and lightly stimulated and motivated. It also metabolizes into methamphetamine, which is why it can be dangerous on its own in too high a dose (MAO-B inhibition makes amphetamines and many other monoamines be unable to be metabolized so they are much more potent and also much longer lasting). Since the dose is so low, a single 5mg dose will produce a very small amount of methamphetamine (and usually deprenyl is in the L isomer, so it produces L-meth, which is the one that is not recreational, though it is still stimulating), but daily use will slowly increase the amount of it in your bloodstream, since it will not be properly metabolized.

many people use deprenyl for its antidepressant and functionally stimulating properties, but care must be taken. I would not take it every day, over time it will increase the amount of both MAO-B inhibition, and L-methamphetamine levels, and it can become sketchy. Also some studies indicate it can take up to several weeks to stop inhibiting MAO-B, so it will affect your reactions to other drugs for far longer than you think. Deprenyl is not a drug that stops affecting you once you've slept.

Deprenyl isn't recreational per se, but it is a pretty effective antidepressant. It is used sometimes for Parkinson's because as an MAO-B inhibitor (an irreversible one, so be careful with diet and other drugs), it increases the levels of all of the neurotransmitters in the synapses, including dopamine. It makes you feel pretty good, and lightly stimulated and motivated. It also metabolizes into methamphetamine, which is why it can be dangerous on its own in too high a dose (MAO-B inhibition makes amphetamines and many other monoamines be unable to be metabolized so they are much more potent and also much longer lasting). Since the dose is so low, a single 5mg dose will produce a very small amount of methamphetamine (and usually deprenyl is in the L isomer, so it produces L-meth, which is the one that is not recreational, though it is still stimulating), but daily use will slowly increase the amount of it in your bloodstream, since it will not be properly metabolized.

many people use deprenyl for its antidepressant and functionally stimulating properties, but care must be taken. I would not take it every day, over time it will increase the amount of both MAO-B inhibition, and L-methamphetamine levels, and it can become sketchy. Also some studies indicate it can take up to several weeks to stop inhibiting MAO-B, so it will affect your reactions to other drugs for far longer than you think. Deprenyl is not a drug that stops affecting you once you've slept.
My standard usage for a concert (or a late night helping a friend move, etc.) was to take a mg or two at a time throughout the day until I reached 5mg or so.
And yes, I would definitely still feel stimulated to an extent the next day.

It's fat soluble and not very bioavailable, normally. It can be greatly potentiated by taking it with a fatty meal.
I would often hold it in my mouth for a time and then take a teaspoonful of olive oil into my mouth and try to dissolve what might be left in that. That made a noticeable difference.

Last edited: