• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Promethazine, RUM & Dihydrocodeine

Driller_Dug

Greenlighter
Hey guys and girls,

I'm worryingly upping the dosage for all three of these for the last few months. The question I have is will this combination have a detrimental effect on ones kidney function rather than liver (or even both?).. (i.e say 400mg DHC, 80mg promethazine and ~200ml 35% rum per night).

Obviously the alcohol will effect the liver - I'm just concerened about the promethazine and DHC combo. I've noticed no adverse effects other than the obvious constipation issues so far.

Kind Regards,#
#
DD

I don't know the impact on your kidneys, but what I can say is, that this combination is extremely dangerous!
You are combining three CNS depressants I'm pretty high doses, this can lead to increased respiratory depression and can kill you, please try and tapper down for the sake of your health.

I don't know the impact on your kidneys, but what I can say is, that this combination is extremely dangerous!
You are combining three CNS depressants I'm pretty high doses, this can lead to increased respiratory depression and can kill you, please try and tapper down for the sake of your health.

I've always had an alcohol problem so it's proving hard to lower the intake. I am keeping from upping the dose for sure. I seem to have hit a point where my tolerance has levelled off, but no doubt this will change. This week I will try a day on day off cycle and see how I react. During the week I stay away around the UK which doesn't help with boredom issues etc - however I'm sharing a room this week so will make up 3 doses on the Sunday for the week and that will have to be enough (unless I can CWE in front of a workmate which is not something I'd want to do!!).

Tonight I've lowered the alcohol intake and DHC content and will keep promethazine to 60mg. So thats 300mg DHC, ~100ml of Navys rum and 60mg promethazine tonight.

Ironically my back has gone so any painkillers I get prescribed when I see the doc next weekend will probably be tame and I won't even bother getting them (highly doubt it'll be hydrocodone..more like crappy naproxen..).

All of a sudden I'm a daily user again (not sure if physically dependant as I don't want to stop)... Still staying away from the street stuff (sticking to CWE codeine/DHC), but I know exactly where I'm heading and the worst thing is I don't care :(

Promethazine intake is 80-100mg a night now. Will try to lower this over the course of the next month.