• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Promethazine and Diphenydramine together?

PrincessNic87

Greenlighter
Promethazine/Diphenydramine
Quick question guys (new on here so I have no idea if I'm doing this right or I'm on the right thread etc)

300mg Diphenydramine (Benadryl) and 50mg Promethazine (Phernergan)
1) Safe together?
2) Effects?
3) Decent dose?
4) Different doses better?

I've taken 50mg Promethazine and up to 500mg Diphenydramine a few times seperatley and have had no bad side effects but I've never taken them together before so any advice or knowledge would be greatly appreciated xxx

I find it very unlikely you had no unpleasant side effects from 500 mg of diphenhydramine that's enough to send most people into a psychotic terrifying hallucinations of spiders and screams and other evil things amnesia and delirium.

I must be a strange one then! I've honestly never had any unpleasent effects with it. I've been in and out of hospitals with my medical conditions for the last 2 years and have been on many heavy and different medications throughout and I guess I've (unfortunately) built up quite a tolerance for most things as a result.

Is this over the tire day or all at once? 300 mg is absolute maximum over 24 hours and imo really only appropriate at such high amounts where a important medication you need to keep down making you or In a hospital for keeping you from going into shock with adrenaline from a allergic reaction