• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Promethazine 6.25MG/5ML Syrup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ficksme

Greenlighter
Question, swim has Promethazine 6.25MG/5ML Syrup and there are a few questions swim would like to know...

Does this contain codeine? Swim doesn't think so, since it doesn't not say on the bottle, but figure to ask anyway.

What kind of feeling would one get from mixing this with sprite and about 2oz of this?
Would this be comparable to 30mg oxycodone IR?

Would this be safe if swim took 2oz of this + 30mg of oxycodone IR?

SWIM is just trying to figure out what this would feel like and figure this would be a good source to come to, to find out.
Thanks.

Like the above poster said, we don't like to use the article SWIM here on Bluelight. It's a little bit confusing and it serves neither us nor yourself in the long run. All that aside, if you have a bottle of medicine and live in a civilized country, the contents of said bottle will be printed clearly somewhere on the bottle itself. If it doesn't say Codeine on the bottle anywhere, then it would appear you have Promethazine syrup, which is all but useless for recreational purposes.

Now, antihistamines can sometimes be useful adjuncts to Opioids. They can decrease side effects like nausea and pruritus (itching) and for some, myself included, the added sedation of an antihistamine can be welcome. Just don't expect the Promethazine to affect your high in a real meaningful way.

Would it be better to have a prescription for promethazine in liquid or tablet form?

I do not care about the codeine. I am able to use 30mg Oxycodone.
Taken together, it was noticed that the itchiness and nauseating side effects were not there.

Would it be better to have a prescription for promethazine in liquid or tablet form?

I do not care about the codeine. I am able to use 30mg Oxycodone.
Taken together, it was noticed that the itchiness and nauseating side effects were not there.

It doesnt matter all that much except you would have to drink 2 to 8 teaspoonfuls of sickening green syrup (usually) if you had the liquid.

It doesnt matter all that much except you would have to drink 2 to 8 teaspoonfuls of sickening green syrup (usually) if you had the liquid.

To be honest, I didn't mind the taste. I actually kinda liked it. What would be the chances that I would get the syrup over the pill form of this? Just curious...

Like the above poster said, we don't like to use the article SWIM here on Bluelight. It's a little bit confusing and it serves neither us nor yourself in the long run. All that aside, if you have a bottle of medicine and live in a civilized country, the contents of said bottle will be printed clearly somewhere on the bottle itself. If it doesn't say Codeine on the bottle anywhere, then it would appear you have Promethazine syrup, which is all but useless for recreational purposes.

Now, antihistamines can sometimes be useful adjuncts to Opioids. They can decrease side effects like nausea and pruritus (itching) and for some, myself included, the added sedation of an antihistamine can be welcome. Just don't expect the Promethazine to affect your high in a real meaningful way.

I never understood the phrase “all but useless” ... makes me think you mean the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.