• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Production Vs. Salary

Ds

Bluelight Crew
Would you like to work based on how much you can do, or would you want to work a 9-5 $20+hr type job?

$$$ ??

I was working doing production,meaning I made anywhere from $0 a day to the thousands. 5:30am - 10:00pm

Got a supervisory position at work and now make salary.

Like a colonel pilot, you wont find them much on the field anymore flying. They are sitting at a desk.

Depends on the job and the demands. If I was working 5:30-10pm I'd likely prefer hourly because OT on those hours would be ridiculous. If I was working only 40hrs a week though then it might not be too bad to get paid by job rather than by hour. Thousands per day is a lot of money but those hours are pretty crazy. With long hours like that I would much sooner take $20/hr and OT pay, that way if something were to go wrong or someone made a mistake it would be on company time not my personal time.

IME salalry is a way for the big man to get more for less. Last salary contract I had I was suddenly required to work way more than 40hrs a week for not a whole lot more than what I was making at set pay and no more than 40hrs a week on the clock. I ended up quitting that job out of frustration after they handed out yearly bonuses and it was less than what I would have pulled in OT from all the 14+hr days they suddenly wanted me to work.

In the long run, the desk is a good spot to be in the construction world. Much easier on the body, usually pays just as well if not better too.