• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Production of interesting cannabinoids in yeast?

Caribou

Greenlighter
https://infotomb.com/x4iud

I've written a small PDF on how i think metabolic engineering in bakers yeast would be a possible pathway for producing cannbinoids.
As the laws are written today any thinking person must go through retarderly hard pathways in order to obtain a rather simple mixture of cannabinoids at a high price, if you don't live in some of the few states or countries allowing cannabis. Thus i've speculated about using metabolicly engineered yeast as a viechle for cannabinoid production.

I've got accees to a good bio-pharma lab and could do this myself over a year or so, but i think the substrates might be toxic and the adulturated ideas propes would meet problems. So please go socrates on my idea? But maybee, do you also think we one day could fuck this system up through GMO:s producing interesting substances?

I love organic synthesis and i would love legal cannabis aswell, but wouldn't metabolic engineering be some type of pathway in between? If u can brew alcohol, sure u can brew the nice noids?! Better then spice i suppose.

PS: Källa means source in english (I'm a swede) Im to lazy to finnish this off, but please go fucking PLATON-SOKRATES on this and tell me why my ongoing project is retarded.

Getting yeast to make cannabinoids is all well and good, the problem is, how do you get the cannabinoids out again, and how do you make the yeast tolerate high levels of what are normally antimicrobial compounds? Also what kind of yields are we looking at? I can't imagine anything over a milligram or so per liter of broth.

If you live somewhere that cannabis is illegal, that usually explicitly includes THC and derivatives, so it's not like making it via fermentation would be any easier.

I've got accees to a good bio-pharma lab and could do this myself over a year or so, but i think the substrates might be toxic

For brewers yeast? Somehow I doubt it.

https://infotomb.com/x4iud

I've written a small PDF on how i think metabolic engineering in bakers yeast would be a possible pathway for producing cannbinoids.
As the laws are written today any thinking person must go through retarderly hard pathways in order to obtain a rather simple mixture of cannabinoids at a high price, if you don't live in some of the few states or countries allowing cannabis. Thus i've speculated about using metabolicly engineered yeast as a viechle for cannabinoid production.

I've got accees to a good bio-pharma lab and could do this myself over a year or so, but i think the substrates might be toxic and the adulturated ideas propes would meet problems. So please go socrates on my idea? But maybee, do you also think we one day could fuck this system up through GMO:s producing interesting substances?

I love organic synthesis and i would love legal cannabis aswell, but wouldn't metabolic engineering be some type of pathway in between? If u can brew alcohol, sure u can brew the nice noids?! Better then spice i suppose.

PS: Källa means source in english (I'm a swede) Im to lazy to finnish this off, but please go fucking PLATON-SOKRATES on this and tell me why my ongoing project is retarded.

Surely you are familiar with the irish company that is engineering noids on yeast, if not check out the story I posted in Drugs In The Media. Go apply there ;)

Good luck

PS what makes you think brewers yeast is toxic? Or is that not the substrate?